NBA Thread 2013-2014

I don't know why I hate the heat so much, but at this point I just do so whatever. I hate that nobody calls out how Wade is one of the dirtiest, whiniest players in the NBA. I don't really hate Bosh I think he's incredible. I hate Anderson and everything he does. I hate Battier for signing that bulls*** deal to go there. I hate Spoelstra because he looks like the game in mario party where you have to recreate bowsers face.

And I hate Lebron because I have tried to talk myself into enjoying watching the best basketball player of the last 15 years, and then I watch him and immediately want to punch him in the face. Dude is amazing, but he's as likeable as Isaiah Thomas.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea why there has to be some sort of justification for hating Lebron and the Heat.

I can only imagine Bulls fans in the late 80s saying "Come on guys, why do you hate the Pistons? They're a great team and Isaiah is really a stud point guard who even tried to make it so that he was drafted by the Bulls"

Or Celtics fans in the 80s "Come guys, why the hate for Magic and the Lakers? Magic is one of the most pleasant stars in the league and it's showtime baby, how entertaining is that?"

How about the Knicks fans of the early 90s? "Come on guys, why the venom for Jordan and the Bulls? He's likely the greatest player ever and you should just appreciate his presence."

Or the Pacers fans of the 90s, "Come on guys, lets not hate the Knicks or Bulls. They both have fantastic players and we should just appreciate them."

I'm sure Kings fans were questioned for disliking the Lakers in the early 00s. I'm sure Trailblazers fans rooted for the lakers too (Come on guys, how many times do you get to see talents like Kobe and Shaq pair up?"

This is idiotic. How many fans root for dynasties across sports? Do you think the majority of the people liked the Patriots? Do a lot of nonhawks fan root for them? (I honestly don't know that one because I'm not huge with hockey)

Maybe I'm just more passionate than others. It reminds me of a friend that asked me, "Why do you hate Aaron Rodgers? He owns." I know he owns, but that doesn't stop me from hating his f***ing guts.

QUOTE (Boogua @ May 23, 2014 -> 10:33 AM)
I have no idea why there has to be some sort of justification for hating Lebron and the Heat.

I can only imagine Bulls fans in the late 80s saying "Come on guys, why do you hate the Pistons? They're a great team and Isaiah is really a stud point guard who even tried to make it so that he was drafted by the Bulls"

Or Celtics fans in the 80s "Come guys, why the hate for Magic and the Lakers? Magic is one of the most pleasant stars in the league and it's showtime baby, how entertaining is that?"

How about the Knicks fans of the early 90s? "Come on guys, why the venom for Jordan and the Bulls? He's likely the greatest player ever and you should just appreciate his presence."

Or the Pacers fans of the 90s, "Come on guys, lets not hate the Knicks or Bulls. They both have fantastic players and we should just appreciate them."

I'm sure Kings fans were questioned for disliking the Lakers in the early 00s. I'm sure Trailblazers fans rooted for the lakers too (Come on guys, how many times do you get to see talents like Kobe and Shaq pair up?"

This is idiotic. How many fans root for dynasties across sports? Do you think the majority of the people liked the Patriots? Do a lot of nonhawks fan root for them? (I honestly don't know that one because I'm not huge with hockey)

Maybe I'm just more passionate than others. It reminds me of a friend that asked me, "Why do you hate Aaron Rodgers? He owns." I know he owns, but that doesn't stop me from hating his f***ing guts.

For real. I'm not sure why I have to like the superstars of the game. Am I supposed to appreciate the fact that they can dismantle my favorite team?

I can respect their talents. I respect Kevin Durant. I actually like Kevin Durant unlike LeBron because:

a) Kevin Durant didn't eliminate the Bulls twice in the playoffs the past 4 years.

b) Kevin Durant doesn't flop like a b**** so often that he has YouTube videos dedicated to his flopping.

c) Kevin Durant didn't play with everyone's hearts in the summer of 2010 and then go on ESPN to announce he's going to form a super-team in a city where nobody actually cares about sports.

I can see that LeBron is easily the best player in the game right now. I don't have to appreciate that.

Fully agreed. Great post.

The big difference being we've only had 1 legit chance of winning a title when we've played them in the playoffs. It's not like they've constantly dashed our championship hopes. Like I said, I always root for them to lose but there's no real reason for me to hate them at this point, it's not like they're the ones keeping my team from winning a title, that's been injuries and management.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 22, 2014 -> 12:29 PM)
I'm not trying to make excuses for OKC as SA just appears to be locked in but I do wonder how much of a mental blow losing Ibaka was.

OKC shot themselves out of the game. Westbrook CHUCKING. Gets called for Offensive Foul taking a three pointer... LOL

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 22, 2014 -> 04:30 PM)
Man, some of y'all need to get some Heat therapy or something. Ibaka is out and you don't see, "f***! s***! damn! Another lucky break for the Spurs!"

I dislike the Heat because they're a rival of the Bulls. Somebody else mentioned it, I now have to like Rodgers and the Packers? Miguel Cabrera had an amazing season last year, I can't dislike him and the Tigers now?

GTFOH

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 23, 2014 -> 01:33 PM)
I dislike the Heat because they're a rival of the Bulls. Somebody else mentioned it, I now have to like Rodgers and the Packers? Miguel Cabrera had an amazing season last year, I can't dislike him and the Tigers now?

GTFOH

Bulls fans should only hate the Bulls.

#paulgeorge>pippen

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 23, 2014 -> 02:11 PM)
The Bulls fans I know f***ing hate the front office right now. They get a lot of venom.

It's so boring and conservative.

I've never thought KW was god or anything, but if KW was running the Bulls' front office, I'd almost be okay with it.

I'm not sure I want a Daryl Morey kind of GM, but at least Daryl Morey keeps it interesting and exciting when no basketball is being played.

All we can do as Bulls fans is talk about what the front office most likely won't do. It's so frustrating.

With all that said, I'd say the Bulls FO is pretty smart when it comes to not screwing up. As in, they don't take a whole lot of chances, which leads to less mistakes. However, that just won't get it done in a league with a soft cap. Being smart might get you regular season wins in the NBA, but being creative gets you something better.

Edited by chw42

There's not liking a team and then there's irrational, whiney, crybaby, my gf dumped me for a better looking dude, bitter, lame ass nonsense. Whenever a player gets hurt, it only matters if said player is playing the Heat at the time. Whenever it's time to b**** about the refs, it's ONLY when the Heat are playing. LeBron get a call and it's "OH MY GOD! IT'S 8 VS 5" EVERY f***ING GAME. Michael Jordan fans are the last fans are earth that should b**** about referees and superstar calls. #sHUTup #TryHard

Just want to remind everyone here that the Bulls have the third most NBA titles, only behind legendary franchises Boston and Los Angeles... :huh

Maybe in the next 30 years we'll luck into the next GOAT :headbang

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 23, 2014 -> 04:07 PM)
There's not liking a team and then there's irrational, whiney, crybaby, my gf dumped me for a better looking dude, bitter, lame ass nonsense. Whenever a player gets hurt, it only matters if said player is playing the Heat at the time. Whenever it's time to b**** about the refs, it's ONLY when the Heat are playing. LeBron get a call and it's "OH MY GOD! IT'S 8 VS 5" EVERY f***ING GAME. Michael Jordan fans are the last fans are earth that should b**** about referees and superstar calls. #sHUTup #TryHard

You mean like you are with the Bulls?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 23, 2014 -> 04:07 PM)

You might've missed it but we were complaining about the refs in that Clippers/OKC gm 6 but yeah, right on point there dude.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 23, 2014 -> 04:43 PM)
So Ibaka might play in game 3 on Sunday. Ok than.

I don't think he would've made that much of a difference in those two beatdowns in San Antonio TBH.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 23, 2014 -> 04:16 PM)
You mean like you are with the Bulls?

Season 2 of Dawon's Creek was airing last time the Bulls won a title. I haven't been rough enough on this lame ass org.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 23, 2014 -> 04:17 PM)
You might've missed it but we were complaining about the refs in that Clippers/OKC gm 6 but yeah, right on point there dude.

For like 20 seconds. If that's the Heat, you're crying about it for at least 3 days.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 23, 2014 -> 05:06 PM)
Season 2 of Dawon's Creek was airing last time the Bulls won a title. I haven't been rough enough on this lame ass org.

For like 20 seconds. If that's the Heat, you're crying about it for at least 3 days.

It's not like the Heat need more help from the refs. They already have 3 superstars.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 23, 2014 -> 05:06 PM)

Exactly. You have a clear irrational hate of the Bulls. It is hypocrisy.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 23, 2014 -> 08:47 PM)
Alright, enough of 2k5 and his lameness. I have a question for those who follow college hoops extensively. Can Doug McDermott play? And I would also like to know about Noah from Indiana. Thank you for your time.

I'll defer to zoom on these, but I've heard McDermotts jumpshot is good enough to make him a korver type guy at least. A bit bigger and maybe not as great at the three (but still above average). Probably better at creating although he doesn't have next level athleticism.

I like vonleh a lot. He's going to be a plus rebounder no matter what and I really like his offensive upside.

QUOTE (Boogua @ May 23, 2014 -> 09:00 PM)
I'll defer to zoom on these, but I've heard McDermotts jumpshot is good enough to make him a korver type guy at least. A bit bigger and maybe not as great at the three (but still above average). Probably better at creating although he doesn't have next level athleticism.

I like vonleh a lot. He's going to be a plus rebounder no matter what and I really like his offensive upside.

Ha, there are actually better people to comment on Vonleh since we have a bunch of Indiana fans. I've only seen him a couple of times. It seems like he has good tools but hasn't put it together yet. I don't think he dominates right away, but you hope he turns into the next Aldridge or Bosh.

The big question with Dougie McBuckets is who he guards. He's not particularly quick or explosive, don't let his repectable combine numbers fool you. His steal/block numbers were insanely low (34 steals and 14 blocks IN HIS CAREER), which is usually a bad sign based on the statistical prediction models that are out there. He's a stellar shooter with some crafty moves, so he'll get a shot. He might not be able to stay on the floor though.