NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 23, 2014 -> 08:47 PM)
Alright, enough of 2k5 and his lameness. I have a question for those who follow college hoops extensively. Can Doug McDermott play? And I would also like to know about Noah from Indiana. Thank you for your time.

That's one guy I've probably watched play more than anybody on this board and my answer to you is I don't know. I'd lean towards no though because I don't think he has the type of release that'll allow him to be a catch and shoot, shooter if need be. He is extremely smart though so he might be able to succeed just based on that but I personally wouldn't draft him even though I'm a huge fan of his and really hope he does well.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 25, 2014 -> 09:12 AM)
That's one guy I've probably watched play more than anybody on this board and my answer to you is I don't know. I'd lean towards no though because I don't think he has the type of release that'll allow him to be a catch and shoot, shooter if need be. He is extremely smart though so he might be able to succeed just based on that but I personally wouldn't draft him even though I'm a huge fan of his and really hope he does well.

The right organization and coach will be key. He has to be someone who doesn't ask him to go past his limitations, but keep him doing what he does best.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 25, 2014 -> 10:29 PM)
They also benched Sefolosha for Jackson. The more he and Adams play (just say no to Fisher and Perkins) the better chance they have of a '12 repeat.

Adams should definitely be starting over Perkins.

There was a group of draft hopefuls working out at my gym this morning. McDermott was there and that dude does not miss in drills with no one on him. The only other guy I recognized was Adrien Payne who looked athletic enough but his shot was off, at least this morning.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 26, 2014 -> 11:07 AM)
There was a group of draft hopefuls working out at my gym this morning. McDermott was there and that dude does not miss in drills with no one on him. The only other guy I recognized was Adrien Payne who looked athletic enough but his shot was off, at least this morning.

If Payne is there at 19, the Bulls better take him. I think he's perfect late first rounder.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 26, 2014 -> 11:48 AM)
If Payne is there at 19, the Bulls better take him. I think he's perfect late first rounder.

Only problem there would be if Mirotic comes over....Unless of course we trade Taj for Melo ;). That said, I always see people listing Melo as a PF when talking about this dream scenario. He's capable of playing the 3 right?

Question....If and when they get rid of Boozer, assuming it's not in a trade for Melo/Love, how much cap money will they have to spend? Will it be the whole 16+? In said situation, where they can't get a "superstar" would you rather they sign a few guys on 1 year deals and hope to get a "superstar" the following year, or do you spend it all on a guy like Gordon Heyward who's not exactly a superstar but is a damn fine player.

QUOTE (scs787 @ May 26, 2014 -> 01:40 PM)
Only problem there would be if Mirotic comes over....Unless of course we trade Taj for Melo ;). That said, I always see people listing Melo as a PF when talking about this dream scenario. He's capable of playing the 3 right?

Question....If and when they get rid of Boozer, assuming it's not in a trade for Melo/Love, how much cap money will they have to spend? Will it be the whole 16+? In said situation, where they can't get a "superstar" would you rather they sign a few guys on 1 year deals and hope to get a "superstar" the following year, or do you spend it all on a guy like Gordon Heyward who's not exactly a superstar but is a damn fine player.

Assuming the Bulls do not make a big move, when Boozer is amnesthetized, they will have abot $46.6 million committed to their top 6 guys (I say about in case there is some performance incentive that counts I don't know about).

The draft holds for their 2 draft picks bring that to $49.3 million. Then the Bulls have to hold a couple million in reserve to account for the remainder of their roster, bringing them up to about $51.3 million.

If the cap is at ~$65 million as has been mentioned, the Bulls will then have $14 million to spend under the cap line. That money could, in part, be spent on Mirotic.

QUOTE (scs787 @ May 26, 2014 -> 12:40 PM)

With Boozer off the books and no one else dumped, they'd have around $12 million to work with. That's probably not enough to get a real stud, and does not include Mirotic (can't use cap space and the MLE). It'd be especially difficult to get a RFA like Hayward in that scenario since their team would almost certainly match.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 26, 2014 -> 09:48 PM)
And that's a wrap. Heat about to do something Jordan's Bulls and Shaq/Kobe Lakers never did: 4 straight trips to the finals. I can't believe I fell for the, "well, it's just too damn hard to get to the finals 4 times in a row" bulls***.

Yeah, similar to the western conference in the 80s when the lakers made the finals four straight years once and played in 9 finals in like 12 years. The pacers wouldn't have gotten out of the first round in the west.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 26, 2014 -> 09:48 PM)
And that's a wrap. Heat about to do something Jordan's Bulls and Shaq/Kobe Lakers never did: 4 straight trips to the finals. I can't believe I fell for the, "well, it's just too damn hard to get to the finals 4 times in a row" bulls***.

Jordan's Bulls made six straight trips to the finals throwing out his BS year back from baseball.

QUOTE (Boogua @ May 26, 2014 -> 09:57 PM)
Yeah, similar to the western conference in the 80s when the lakers made the finals four straight years once and played in 9 finals in like 12 years. The pacers wouldn't have gotten out of the first round in the west.

What happened to Stephenson? First he talk s*** about Wade and then LeBron? And this is how you respond?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 26, 2014 -> 09:58 PM)
Jordan's Bulls made six straight trips to the finals throwing out his BS year back from baseball.

But you can't throw it out. It happened. Jordan came back in '95 and got bounced by Shaq and Penny.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 26, 2014 -> 10:02 PM)
What happened to Stephenson? First he talk s*** about Wade and then LeBron? And this is how you respond?

But you can't throw it out. It happened. Jordan came back in '95 and got bounced by Shaq and Penny.

Anything to hate on the Bulls.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 26, 2014 -> 10:03 PM)

Yeah, Jordan clearly wasn't the same. He had his worst playoffs outside of his rookie season. Maybe they still lose to Orlando if mike is mike, but he was definitely a bit rusty. To say otherwise is silly. The numbers back it up.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 26, 2014 -> 10:03 PM)

lmao. You're getting worse and worse. You just can't act like '95 never happened because it's convenient. Yes, Jordan was fresh off of baseball. But they lost. And if you look at Jordan's numbers against Orlando, they were very similar to the numbers he put up pre-baseball. You know who killed the Bulls? Horace Grant. He averaged 18 and 12 on like 65% shooting. The Bulls had Kukoc, Corey Blount and I think Larry Krystoviak (I know I spelled that wrong) guarding him. Not even Jordan can win without at least a competent pf.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 26, 2014 -> 09:58 PM)

If it wasn't for Hue Hollins the Jordan less Bulls could have made it in 94.

QUOTE (Boogua @ May 26, 2014 -> 10:07 PM)
Yeah, Jordan clearly wasn't the same. He had his worst playoffs outside of his rookie season. Maybe they still lose to Orlando if mike is mike, but he was definitely a bit rusty. To say otherwise is silly. The numbers back it up.

Jordan averaged 31+ on 48% shooting against Orlando. They didn't have Horace. A guy that was severely underrated as a Bull. That's why they lost.