NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 26, 2014 -> 10:10 PM)
Jordan averaged 31+ on 48% shooting against Orlando. They didn't have Horace. A guy that was severely underrated as a Bull. That's why they lost.

Jordan averaged 4 turnovers per game in that series. He had 8 turnovers in a 3 point loss. You have your opinions, I have mine. Jordan was usually much better with the ball. His o rating was its lowest ever in the playoffs. His d rating was his third worst ever and the worst after 1987. Horace might be the reason, but Jordan still wasn't the same.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 26, 2014 -> 10:09 PM)
lmao. You're getting worse and worse. You just can't act like '95 never happened because it's convenient. Yes, Jordan was fresh off of baseball. But they lost. And if you look at Jordan's numbers against Orlando, they were very similar to the numbers he put up pre-baseball. You know who killed the Bulls? Horace Grant. He averaged 18 and 12 on like 65% shooting. The Bulls had Kukoc, Corey Blount and I think Larry Krystoviak (I know I spelled that wrong) guarding him. Not even Jordan can win without at least a competent pf.

Get off of LeBron's nuts and remember actually watching the series.

QUOTE (Boogua @ May 26, 2014 -> 10:16 PM)
Jordan averaged 4 turnovers per game in that series. He had 8 turnovers in a 3 point loss. You have your opinions, I have mine. Jordan was usually much better with the ball. His o rating was its lowest ever in the playoffs. His d rating was his third worst ever and the worst after 1987. Horace might be the reason, but Jordan still wasn't the same.

Was that Jordan's first 8 turnover game of his career? I doubt it. Was that his first awful shooting game of his career? Hell no. Like I said, MJ was pretty damn good in that series. Orlando's frontcourt was the difference.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 26, 2014 -> 10:26 PM)
Was that Jordan's first 8 turnover game of his career? I doubt it. Was that his first awful shooting game of his career? Hell no. Like I said, MJ was pretty damn good in that series. Orlando's frontcourt was the difference.

So just disregard all the numbers that suggest he wasn't the same. Got it. I'll agree that Jordan still played well, but I'll side with the numbers that suggest he wasn't at the level of dominance he was at in every other playoffs he's played in.

QUOTE (Boogua @ May 26, 2014 -> 10:29 PM)
So just disregard all the numbers that suggest he wasn't the same. Got it. I'll agree that Jordan still played well, but I'll side with the numbers that suggest he wasn't at the level of dominance he was at in every other playoffs he's played in.

First you throw out an individual game (game 1) now you're talking about playoffs as a whole. in the ''95 playoffs, Jordan averaged 31.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 4.5 apg, 2.3 spg, 1.4 bpg, 48% shooting, 37% 3pt shooting. They had no pf to speak of. That's why they lost.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 26, 2014 -> 10:35 PM)
First you throw out an individual game (game 1) now you're talking about playoffs as a whole. in the ''95 playoffs, Jordan averaged 31.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 4.5 apg, 2.3 spg, 1.4 bpg, 48% shooting, 37% 3pt shooting. They had no pf to speak of. That's why they lost.

And he had his lowest o rating ever, his highest TO% ever, and one of his worst d ratings ever. And they still took Orlando took to 6 games with a subpar mike and no power forward. Sure, if they had a better power forward they probably win, but if they have 93 or 96 mike even they have a much better chance of winning. Not saying they would win.

And I was throwing out game one as just an example. Using his whole playoffs and even his 17 regular season show that he wasn't the same. Every single advanced statistic supports that. I know you don't want to agree because you want to trivialize Jordan for some odd reason, but the statistics are there...

Edited by Boogua

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 26, 2014 -> 09:48 PM)
And that's a wrap. Heat about to do something Jordan's Bulls and Shaq/Kobe Lakers never did: 4 straight trips to the finals. I can't believe I fell for the, "well, it's just too damn hard to get to the finals 4 times in a row" bulls***.

What is the big deal about going to the finals and losing. i thought you were only about titles? MJ never lost in the finals. And if he didn't "retire", the superfans actually were correct, a minimum 8 peat my friend.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 27, 2014 -> 05:45 AM)
What is the big deal about going to the finals and losing. i thought you were only about titles? MJ never lost in the finals. And if he didn't "retire", the superfans actually were correct, a minimum 8 peat my friend.

Fact: The Bulls never went to the finals 4 times in a row

Fact: Shaq/Kobe never went to the finals 4 times in a row

Soon to be fact: The Heat will have went to the finals 4 times in a row

That's all I said. You can throw out as many hypothetical what ifs as you want.

Y'all must be scared out of your minds that LeBron might just eclipse MJ.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 26, 2014 -> 10:27 PM)
How about those Blackhawks? lol. One more game and no more bandwagoning for you.

You calling anyone a bandwagon fan is like Lindsey Lohan telling someone they have a little drug problem.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 27, 2014 -> 06:35 AM)

What's with the y'all? Are you in Texas?

Don't say you are about titles and then count losing in the Finals as an accomplishment. Didn't the Bills play in 4 Super Bowls in a row?

If anyone here pointed out Bulls losses in the Finals as success, you would say how embarrassing that was.

And if you don't think a younger than 38 Mike substituded for LeBron doesn't get this current Heat roster to the finals, you're just being a hater.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 27, 2014 -> 08:33 AM)
What's with the y'all? Are you in Texas?

Don't say you are about titles and then count losing in the Finals as an accomplishment. Didn't the Bills play in 4 Super Bowls in a row?

If anyone here pointed out Bulls losses in the Finals as success, you would say how embarrassing that was.

And if you don't think a younger than 38 Mike substituded for LeBron doesn't get this current Heat roster to the finals, you're just being a hater.

Congratulations. You have just won the Olympics of lame. What the f*** are you talking about? Yes, at the end of the day, it's about titles. But you know what, can't win the title without getting to the finals. You're implying that 4 straight trips to the finals isn't a remarkable accomplishment because they lost that first year? Only a dumb, homer, try-hard Bulls fans would even suggest that. And who cares what MJ would do with this team? I didn't say a damn thing about MJ vs LeBron or how 4 straight trip to the finals makes him better or the Heat better than the Bulls. God you guys are so scared.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 27, 2014 -> 06:35 AM)

3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 27, 2014 -> 08:54 AM)
Congratulations. You have just won the Olympics of lame. What the f*** are you talking about? Yes, at the end of the day, it's about titles. But you know what, can't win the title without getting to the finals. You're implying that 4 straight trips to the finals isn't a remarkable accomplishment because they lost that first year? Only a dumb, homer, try-hard Bulls fans would even suggest that. And who cares what MJ would do with this team? I didn't say a damn thing about MJ vs LeBron or how 4 straight trip to the finals makes him better or the Heat better than the Bulls. God you guys are so scared.

Y'all (for your benefit) are the one trying to egg people on saying 4 finals appearances in a row beats MJ. Will Perdue has more Finals appearances in a row than Hakeem Olajawon.

So, I guess that really doesn't mean a whole bunch. Especially if you are about titles.

MJ 6

LeBron 2 and counting.

No MJ fan is nervous LeBron is going to overtake him.

Edited by Dick Allen

Pretty funny how J4L is pretty much the only guy I know who watched both Jordan (allegedly) and James and thinks James is the better player. I talked/chatted with fans of other teams (Knicks, Lakers, Celtics, Heat, Cavs etc) who watched both players in their prime and almost universally they say Jordan was the superior player.

Making it four straight on itself is an impressive feat but I'm pretty sure that if you put Shaq/Kobe Lakers in the EC in place of this Heat these last four years, they also get there four straight. Who's gonna stop them? The Lakers had great competition, the Spurs, Kings and Blazers were better teams than any team this Heat have beaten in this four year span. And are we just going to ignore that the reason Bulls never made it four straight was because Jordan retired and then Jerry was to cheap to keep the dynasty going? But whatever, da Heat are da bess! Make way in that bandwagon! I'm jumping in!

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 27, 2014 -> 09:05 AM)
Y'all (for your benefit) are the one trying to egg people on saying 4 finals appearances in a row beats MJ. Will Perdue has more Finals appearances in a row than Hakeem Olajawon.

So, I guess that really doesn't mean a whole bunch. Especially if you are about titles.

MJ 6

LeBron 2 and counting.

No MJ fan is nervous LeBron is going to overtake him.

Alright. Maybe this will make you feel better.

Sing it out loud if you have to. You're a grown ass man and you just told flat-out lie. I never said 4 final appearances "beats" MJ or makes him better. And yes, you are scared. A lot of you are. We're basically at flip a coin time now between the 2. And LeBron's not 30 yet.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 27, 2014 -> 09:27 AM)
Sing it out loud if you have to. You're a grown ass man and you just told flat-out lie. I never said 4 final appearances "beats" MJ or makes him better. And yes, you are scared. A lot of you are. We're basically at flip a coin time now between the 2. And LeBron's not 30 yet.

Lol, you're trolling so hard.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 27, 2014 -> 09:27 AM)

Lol. No. Stop it.

MJ has the best PPG avg in the Finals. LeBron's Finals stats averages are inferior to his RS stats...meaning, MJ elevates his game in the Finals, James has a tendency to underperform.

So who do I take? The guy who is 6-0 in the Finals never even needing a f*cking gm 7 or the dude who was one miracle Ray Ray trey from being 1-3?

I'd take the sure thing but that's just me...

Edited by MexSoxFan#1