NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 27, 2014 -> 09:23 AM)
Pretty funny how J4L is pretty much the only guy I know who watched both Jordan (allegedly) and James and thinks James is the better player. I talked/chatted with fans of other teams (Knicks, Lakers, Celtics, Heat, Cavs etc) who watched both players in their prime and almost universally they say Jordan was the superior player.

Making it four straight on itself is an impressive feat but I'm pretty sure that if you put Shaq/Kobe Lakers in the EC in place of this Heat these last four years, they also get there four straight. Who's gonna stop them? The Lakers had great competition, the Spurs, Kings and Blazers were better teams than any team this Heat have beaten in this four year span. And are we just going to ignore that the reason Bulls never made it four straight was because Jordan retired and then Jerry was to cheap to keep the dynasty going? But whatever, da Heat are da bess! Make way in that bandwagon! I'm jumping in!

Somethin' in the water this day. Another flat-out lie. I never said James was better. But as each game/series/year goes by, he gets that much closer. And you guys know it. LeBron's sportin' a 32.2 PER and a 67.1 true shooting% in the playoffs. That's not even a video game. That's somethin' else I can't even think of.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 27, 2014 -> 09:35 AM)
Lol. No. Stop it.

MJ has the best PPG avg in the Finals. LeBron's Finals stats averages are inferior to his RS stats...meaning, MJ elevates his game in the Finals, James has a tendency to underperform.

So who do I take? The guy who is 6-0 in the Finals never even needing a f*cking gm 7 or the dude who was one miracle Ray Ray trey from being 1-3?

I'd take the sure thing but that's just me...

That's like me saying LeBron > MJ because LeBron never lost in the first round and MJ lost three times.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 27, 2014 -> 09:40 AM)
That's like me saying LeBron > MJ because LeBron never lost in the first round and MJ lost three times.

MJ always made the playoffs as a Bull, LeBron missed them twice. BTW, MJ lost in the first round twice against Birds Celtics, pretty sure Bran isn't leading those Bulls over those Celtics either.

Making the playoffs > missing the playoffs

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 27, 2014 -> 09:42 AM)
MJ always made the playoffs as a Bull, LeBron missed them twice.

Making the playoffs > missing the playoffs

38-44, 30-52, 40-42. Those were the Bulls' records MJ's first three years. So yeah, you don't want to use that argument.

And with that, I'm done. I can't believe I got sucked into this s*** again simply for pointing out facts.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 27, 2014 -> 09:44 AM)
38-44, 30-52, 40-42. Those were the Bulls' records MJ's first three years. So yeah, you don't want to use that argument.

And with that, I'm done. I can't believe I got sucked into this s*** again simply for pointing out facts.

You seriously bolded the one year Jordan started 7 games? Biased much?

It wasn't just pointing out facts. You specifically compared it to Jordan's bulls and the Kobe/Shaq lakers teams even though you know damn well this eastern conference is terrible. You're trolling. It is what it is.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 27, 2014 -> 02:52 PM)
Anyways, anybody hear about Kevin Love to the Wizards? If they can pull that off without giving up Beal, yikes.

What's the proposed deal?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 27, 2014 -> 09:38 AM)
Somethin' in the water this day. Another flat-out lie. I never said James was better. But as each game/series/year goes by, he gets that much closer. And you guys know it. LeBron's sportin' a 32.2 PER and a 67.1 true shooting% in the playoffs. That's not even a video game. That's somethin' else I can't even think of.

You should just come out and say it already. You do think James is better, I don't. We have different opinions, I ain't being a homer when I say MJ from 89-93 is better than any version I've seen of James. Don't get me wrong, LeBron is a GOAT, there's no doubt. But he will be 30 and I firmly believe we are seeing him at his best, if he actually gets better when he's 31, 32, 33, we might have to check if he's really human because those are the years a player starts to slow down. I expect him to slow down. In his 30s he'll rack up totals but his peak/prime will be behind him.

Peak MJ > peak Bron

QUOTE (bmags @ May 27, 2014 -> 09:55 AM)
What's the proposed deal?

Didn't see a proposed deal. Just that the Wizards are a legit sleeper and that Love wouldn't mind playing there. I don't see what they could give up outside of Beal. And that would be counter-productive.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 27, 2014 -> 10:00 AM)
Didn't see a proposed deal. Just that the Wizards are a legit sleeper and that Love wouldn't mind playing there. I don't see what they could give up outside of Beal. And that would be counter-productive.

Yeah, I can't see that happening without Beal and I wouldn't do that if I was the wizards

QUOTE (Brian @ May 27, 2014 -> 06:52 AM)
Pacers are just dysfunctional. Blaming refs for getting smoked. They won't win a title anytime soon.

David West got a tech for complaining about a totally non-existent foul. It was hilarious and well deserved.

If Heat 3-peat, it's hard to diminish the accomplishment. Not sure why people will be so pissed. I hope they lose but am indifferent if they win.

The East has been awful the last decade though. Sub .500 teams shouldn't be in the post season. I'd rather have 1-16 than two conferences to keep them out. That's what would prevent me from considering this Miami team in the same category as LA, Boston, Chicago.

The east has been down so damn long. In football you had the long time dominance of the NFC that now switches back and forth. But in basketball the smart organizations seem to be confined to the West. There is some new blood: Philly potentially, Toronto. But for the most part it's just garbage in garbage out.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 27, 2014 -> 12:54 PM)
The east has been down so damn long. In football you had the long time dominance of the NFC that now switches back and forth. But in basketball the smart organizations seem to be confined to the West. There is some new blood: Philly potentially, Toronto. But for the most part it's just garbage in garbage out.

Which is what happens when 3 of the best players in the East decide its too hard to compete against each other.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 28, 2014 -> 11:39 AM)
PG-Magic

SG-Jordan

SF-Lebron

PF-Duncan

C-Wilt

That team my be the best players at their individual positions, but the spacing would be awful. Lebron and magic would be almost redundant as neither of them are great off the ball.

And yeah, that's more than the alloted money

Edited by Boogua