NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 30, 2014 -> 09:53 PM)
Jesus. I expected at least a competitive game. Pacers had their chance last year when Wade was hobbled and Bosh was puttin' up boxscores of like 5 and 5. I'll be shocked if the finals goes more than 5 games.

SO SPURS IN 5? :)

Jesus. I expected at least a competitive game. Pacers had their chance last year when Wade was hobbled and Bosh was puttin' up boxscores of like 5 and 5. I'll be shocked if the finals goes more than 5 games.

If a terrible Indiana team can take the heat to 6 I don't see why the western conference can't. I do think the heat win, but the spurs would give them some problems again.

QUOTE (Boogua @ May 30, 2014 -> 11:17 PM)
If a terrible Indiana team can take the heat to 6 I don't see why the western conference can't. I do think the heat win, but the spurs would give them some problems again.

It only went 6 because of 5 fouls in 14 minutes by LeBron in game 5. The Heat are a much better playoff team now than they were last year. There's just no answer for LeBron at the 4, a healthy Wade, and 3 floor spacers at all times.

You're absolutely crazy.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 31, 2014 -> 10:18 AM)
No they're not.

Have you not seen Wade and Bosh of late? What were they doing this time last year? Wade was clearly hindered and Bosh was playing like a girl. Total opposite this year. And now you got Rashard Lewis ballin'? They're clearly better now than this time last year.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 31, 2014 -> 10:19 AM)
You're absolutely crazy.

ok, I guess they can be the '98 jazz and stretch it to 6. But the Spurs are the same team from a year ago. There's nothing Pop can throw at LeBron that he didn't see last year. And like I said, Wade is healthy this time around. The plan they had coming in worked (helps that LeBron can carry the load in the reg season while Wade sits).

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 31, 2014 -> 10:50 AM)
ok, I guess they can be the '98 jazz and stretch it to 6. But the Spurs are the same team from a year ago. There's nothing Pop can throw at LeBron that he didn't see last year. And like I said, Wade is healthy this time around. The plan they had coming in worked (helps that LeBron can carry the load in the reg season while Wade sits).

You're just wrong here bud but no need to argue as we'll see. I think you're being blinded by the level of competition that the Heat have played so far in the playoffs.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 31, 2014 -> 12:16 PM)
You're just wrong here bud but no need to argue as we'll see. I think you're being blinded by the level of competition that the Heat have played so far in the playoffs.

Even if it takes 7 games again, anyone really want to stand up and say either of the competitors will actually beat the Heat this time? I don't.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 31, 2014 -> 11:43 AM)
Even if it takes 7 games again, anyone really want to stand up and say either of the competitors will actually beat the Heat this time? I don't.

I will. The Spurs or Thunder will beat the Heat this time.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 31, 2014 -> 11:46 AM)
I will. The Spurs or Thunder will beat the Heat this time.

I wouldn't be surprised if either happened, but I like the spurs chances much more than the thunder's. The thunder have more talent, but they 1) have Scott Brooks as the coach, and 2) their offense goes into iso mode a lot which isn't the way to beat the heat (probably due to Brooks).

The Spurs are better than last year. Leonard is playing at a higher level, Manu is playing at a higher level than last year, and they just seem healthier. They went small against the Thunder last game (and brought Splitter off the bench) so they'll likely do something similar to the heat. Their ball movement is killer at points and they have homecourt advantage.

It's going to be an interesting series if it happens and to completely dismiss the Spurs is kind of crazy.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 31, 2014 -> 11:43 AM)

Spurs have homecourt this year. If they stay healthy I think they'll beat the Heat. Which is a big IF. Also it's not that horrible 2-3-2 format like last year... tho they gotta beat OKC first lolol

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

I'm in Spurs country and they are about the only Texas team that has replaced my boyhood team. From a Spurs fan, Heat in 5. The Spurs are Utah circa 1998. The Heat have been waiting around for this moment.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 07:51 AM)
I'm in Spurs country and they are about the only Texas team that has replaced my boyhood team. From a Spurs fan, Heat in 5. The Spurs are Utah circa 1998. The Heat have been waiting around for this moment.

This.

Those picking the Spurs are only doing so because they either hate the Heat or hate that LeBron is closing in on their hero. I haven't heard/read anything from the pro-Spurs crowd other than, "haha, the east sucks" and "homecourt, dude!". I've seen this movie before. Like Vogul said, LeBron is the Jordan of this era and the Heat are the Bulls of this era. Heat in 5.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 08:53 AM)
This.

Those picking the Spurs are only doing so because they either hate the Heat or hate that LeBron is closing in on their hero. I haven't heard/read anything from the pro-Spurs crowd other than, "haha, the east sucks" and "homecourt, dude!". I've seen this movie before. Like Vogul said, LeBron is the Jordan of this era and the Heat are the Bulls of this era. Heat in 5.

Or because they're just the better team. This obviously hinges on Parker not being dead but SA is just better than Miami this year. Spurs in 6 IF Parker is good to go.

EDIT: BTW, even if Parker is completely broken the Heat still wont win in 5. Like I said before, you're absolutely insane to believe that.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 08:53 AM)
This.

I hate the Heat, hated them since Riley and Zo. I don't hate LeBron, dude is awesome, best player of his era, he's just not on MJ's level. In 5-6 years we'll be laughing at how you thought he was better than MJ. Remember when some people thought Kobe would surpass MJ? That crowd disappeared. Time has a way of placing players in their rightful place when being a prisoner of the moment fades.

This will be just as funny as your Knicks = title contenders prediction.

One more thing, stop acting like the Spurs didn't have a shot last year.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1