NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 10, 2014 -> 09:18 PM)
Lebron with 9 shots that half. Nine. With his team down 20 for most if it.

And he has been pretty unguardable this series. He has been hitting his jumper at a crazy rate and they can't stop him on the block. He should have been shooting until he got cold. It's not as though they would have gone down more if he missed a few.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jun 10, 2014 -> 09:29 PM)
And he has been pretty unguardable this series. He has been hitting his jumper at a crazy rate and they can't stop him on the block. He should have been shooting until he got cold. It's not as though they would have gone down more if he missed a few.

Exactly. Wade had three straight shots at one point. Why is that happening?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 02:26 PM)
I despise Lance Stevenson. The Spurs for the most part share the basketball beautifully. But against the Heat they will do no better than the Pacers. If the Spurs were truly playing with a chip on their shoulder after last year, they wouldn't have given up home court. They sucked in crunch time. Like I said LeBron was great, the defense got turned up the last five minutes and Bosh hit the big shot. The Spurs looked like a normal team. They've been de-clawed.

This series is over.

I stand by my pick. Two easy Heat wins in Miami; Spurs probably win Game Five but I wouldn't discount the Heat there. But Heat likely wrap it up in Game Six.

LeBron is special. Wade is very good. Bosh is a big timer. Heat in five or six.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 10, 2014 -> 10:53 PM)
9 of 14 shooting isn't awful. The fact he only shot 14 is.

Exactly, not to mention he had 7 turnovers. The efficiency looks good, but everybody could see he was pretty awful in that game, especially in the second half. I think he was just 3-5 with 5 turnovers in the second half.

This is the type of game that the LeBron haters love. He should have at least tried to take over at some point but never did. Wade yet again was the Heat's best player. Reminded me of that Dallas series when Lebron was way too passive.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 10, 2014 -> 10:54 PM)
Could easily be up 2-1 as well.

I don't see how LeBron would stop the Spurs hot late game shooting in Gm 1, he's a great defender but come on. LeBron was part of the D that allowed that 70%+ Spurs first half :huh

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jun 10, 2014 -> 10:59 PM)
Exactly, not to mention he had 7 turnovers. The efficiency looks good, but everybody could see he was pretty awful in that game, especially in the second half. I think he was just 3-5 with 5 turnovers in the second half.

Jordanesque

Shocked by today's result. Heat got schooled. Very surprised LeBron stunk in home game tonight.

My guess is now the Heat barely wins the next game to tie it at 2. Then it's up for grabs.

Chalmers is killing Miami as dumb as that sounds cause Cole isn't the answer.

It is perplexing to me that LeBron does this sometimes. It's not about ability or confidence or anything, but games like last night needed to see him be more selfish. And that to me is what separates him and Jordan in the inevitable comparisons that come up between the two. MJ wouldn't have taken just 14 shots last night.