NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 13, 2013 -> 04:55 PM)
Nate Robinson drawing interest from the nuggets, return to the Bulls "unlikely to the extreme"

It's interesting to me that that is the reason. On one hand, it's perfectly obvious why Thibs wouldn't like him. On the other hand, he coached him in Boston and it seemed like he was part of the reason that Nate got his opportunity here. I just started to assume that Thibs really liked him for what he is. He doesn't fit so well here now that Derrick is back, though; that'd be it for any chance of playing time for Teague.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carlos Boozer looks "noticeably slimmer and toned" this summer, according to beat writer K.C. Johnson.When asked about his improved physique, Boozer replied, "We got D-Rose back. Our fast break is going to be a little faster." Boozer is owed $32.1 million over the next two seasons, an anchor-load of cash under the new CBA, but at least (unlike some amnesty candidates) he's still productive -- he averaged 16.2 points and 9.8 rebounds in 32 minutes per game last year, and he's missed a combined three games in the past two seasons.

Lol for those who saw my mix up they know this isn't the first time Boozer has looked noticeably thinner. I like the idea of speeding things up.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 13, 2013 -> 10:11 PM)
That is an 18 month old post

EDIT: beat me to it

Lol I saw it mentioned on hoopshype, googled "Boozer looking slimmer" and that was the first article. I guess the saying is true..When you assume you make an ass out of u and...well only me.

BTW its my birthday weekend....its a celebration.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 13, 2013 -> 10:09 PM)
Carlos Boozer looks "noticeably slimmer and toned" this summer, according to beat writer K.C. Johnson.When asked about his improved physique, Boozer replied, "We got D-Rose back. Our fast break is going to be a little faster." Boozer is owed $32.1 million over the next two seasons, an anchor-load of cash under the new CBA, but at least (unlike some amnesty candidates) he's still productive -- he averaged 16.2 points and 9.8 rebounds in 32 minutes per game last year, and he's missed a combined three games in the past two seasons.

Lol for those who saw my mix up they know this isn't the first time Boozer has looked noticeably thinner. I like the idea of speeding things up.

Didn't Boozer slim down quite a bit during the lockout too?

We don't want him to turn into Chris Bosh...

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 14, 2013 -> 08:13 AM)
Huh? I'd love for boozer to turn into Chris bosh.

I meant that in a physical way. Not a basketball skills way.

Bosh is way more skilled than Boozer.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 13, 2013 -> 10:19 PM)
Didn't Boozer slim down quite a bit during the lockout too?

We don't want him to turn into Chris Bosh...

Yes, I actually made the mistake of posting an article from 2011 in my original post before I noticed the mistake. So ya, we got some of the same reports on him going into the lockout season.

I know it's only the Summer League but Andrew Goudelock has looked pretty damn impressive. 26 in his first game and 31 in the 2nd on 10 of 13 shooting, 5 of 6 beyond the arc. At what point do we talk about this guy making the team? If Snell gets the rookie treatment we've seen the past few years I'd be fine with Goudelock as a backup guard.

Erik Murphy also lit it up from downtown going 4 of 5....Malcolm Thomas bagged 22 rebounds.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 12:57 AM)
I know it's only the Summer League but Andrew Goudelock has looked pretty damn impressive. 26 in his first game and 31 in the 2nd on 10 of 13 shooting, 5 of 6 beyond the arc. At what point do we talk about this guy making the team? If Snell gets the rookie treatment we've seen the past few years I'd be fine with Goudelock as a backup guard.

Erik Murphy also lit it up from downtown going 4 of 5....Malcolm Thomas bagged 22 rebounds.

I'd be cool with Glock and Thomas making the roster. That being said, I want Nate over Glock, but it comes down to who will sign for the minimum and first.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 15, 2013 -> 11:32 PM)
Im trying to love Derrick Rose again and I know I will once the season starts but I hate hearing about him say that he's 100 percent now.

I'm already full-on back to masturbatory mode when it comes to DR1. Bring on the next season. 26/5/8 is happening.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 15, 2013 -> 11:32 PM)
Im trying to love Derrick Rose again and I know I will once the season starts but I hate hearing about him say that he's 100 percent now.

My reaction to the headline on Sportscenter was "f*** you" and I changed the channel.

Time to play GM and win a title.

Kevin Durant a member of the Bulls in 2016/2017 - here's how.

KD's contract is up at the end of 2015/2016, and I’m guessing he will be ready to leave OKC when they fail to win the title over the next three years while he watches his former teammate whom they gave away advance farther than his team. The Thudner are pretty much financially strapped with both Westbrook and Ibaka signed through 2016 - so unless they can get lucky and find a stud in the draft to propel the team forward, or they can make the right trades, I don’t see them winning a title.

So... the Bulls currently only have Rose and Gibson under contract through 2016. Here is what they need to do between now and 2016.

1. Deal Deng. They need to trade him for younger players/picks and not give him another $12M plus deal that puts us in a bad spot and means adding no legit FAs.

2. Trade Taj & whoever else at some point for something of value we need. Clearing his $8.95M off the books for 2016 will be huge and we need to do that before people lose interest in him as a player.

3. Trade Boozer next summer as an expiring deal and take on an even worse contract that goes through 2015/2016 as long as they give you a high or unprotected pick in the deal. Boozer serves as a serviceable expiring deal (does a Joe Johnson contract $25M deal makes sense? Yes.). Not sure if they have their pick for 2015 or 2016 still (since they just gave away all their picks to Boston) but if not maybe we can get another team involved. We could ship them Boozer and Deng for that monster Joe Johnson contract and several picks (assuming they get a 3rd team involved). We pay the tax but reap the benefit in 2016.

4. Sign Butler to a reasonable long-term deal at the end of 2014/2015 assuming he continues to prove he is worthy of being a core piece.

5. Bring Mirotic over in 2014 on a 3-year deal or a long-term deal at a reasonable salary (something around $5M)

6. Draft a great player courtesy of the Bobcats in either 2014/2015/or 2016 (depending on which pick we get)

7. Draft other bench glue guys with the picks we get by dealing Deng/Taj/Boozer.

Summer of 2016:

1. Sign Kevin Durant

2. Re-sign Noah

3. Add another quality 2nd-tier FA

Best Case Scenario:

$21M Rose/$7M Butler/$21M Durant/$5M Mirotic/$10M Noah = $64M = Over the cap but worth it for the rings.

Rose/Butler/Durant/Mirotic/Noah + Charlotte 1st rd pick + our 3 1st rd picks + Deng/Taj/Boozer picks

Worst Case Scenario:

$21M Rose/$7M Butler/$5M Mirotic/$10M Noah + a bunch of picks and enough cap space to land a different top free agent (such as LeBron, Batum, Love assuming that Wade & Lebron exercise both years of their options) or give a qualifying offer to one of the many players currently going to be looking for money.

Why this won’t happen? B/C we are the Bulls and our management is too cheap to even pay for an assistant coach.

Another interesting thing to note is the Knicks and Lakers have nobody under contract in 2016 so they will be looking to add two big boys (possibly Durant & Lebron) (Please tell me that is not going to happen). It is possible that we will see another Big-3 with Durant/Lebron/Wade heading to a new location. (even though at that point Wade will be a cripple, he'd be part of the package.