NBA Thread 2013-2014

That trade probably doesn't make the Bulls any better. I guess you put Aldridge at C but that's pretty much a lateral move and now you have another hole at SG and you're forced to re-sign Deng whether you want to or not.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, what's your lineup next year if you do that? Rose/Dunleavy/?/Gibson/Aldridge? Meh. Before someone says it, they would have less than $10 million in cap space even without Deng and Boozer because they'd have about $49 million committed to 6 players.

I don't see it as a "next step" move unless they can keep Noah.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 09:31 PM)
Yeah, what's your lineup next year if you do that? Rose/Dunleavy/?/Gibson/Aldridge? Meh. Before someone says it, they would have less than $10 million in cap space even without Deng and Boozer because they'd have about $49 million committed to 6 players.

I don't see it as a "next step" move unless they can keep Noah.

That would be making a move just to make a move. Awful trade.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 09:36 PM)
That would be making a move just to make a move. Awful trade.

I think that's what a lot of the folks in here want. They'd rather get worse than stay the same

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 09:47 PM)
I think that's what a lot of the folks in here want. They'd rather get worse than stay the same

My point was simply that other teams, when told a legit star wants to be traded to them, hear the opening demand and then force a much worse trade down the throat of the other team.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 10:19 PM)
My point was simply that other teams, when told a legit star wants to be traded to them, hear the opening demand and then force a much worse trade down the throat of the other team.

Except that's the exception when you think it ought to be the rule. We just don't know how many times teams unsuccessfully force bad deals down others' throats.

http://www.nba.com/games/20130718/MIACHI/gameinfo.html

Very nice game for Teague, and he's still 20 years old with high ceiling.

Looking at the bottom of the Bulls box score and I spotted R. Allen and C. Boozer and thought we somehow stole Ray Ray from the Heat.

But turns out it was just some scrubs named Ryan Allen and Charles Boozer.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 11:39 PM)

Looking at the bottom of the Bulls box score and I spotted R. Allen and C. Boozer and thought we somehow stole Ray Ray from the Heat.

Charles is actually Carlos' brother.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 09:47 PM)

Not wanting to stay the same doesnt mean I want the Bulls to get worse. I want the front office to get creative and stop saying "We really like our core."

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 12:39 AM)

Reports are that Teague's offense has been coming along. Not great on the shooting outside yet but really starting to take advantage of his speed, fastest guy on the court, etc.

But, weak on defense, gaping hole.

Then again, that's a setup the Bulls have had success with before.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 07:32 AM)
Not wanting to stay the same doesnt mean I want the Bulls to get worse. I want the front office to get creative and stop saying "We really like our core."

My non-sensationalist revision would be, "some folks in here would rather risk getting worse by making a splash than staying the same. Others of us (and apparently the FO) would rather wait for the move(s) that make us better beyond a shadow of a doubt."

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 10:46 AM)
NSIS

Anyways, Carlos is Spanish for Charles.

LOL that was my first thought too when someone said Charles was Carlos's brother. I suppose I'll name my kids John, Juan, Jean...

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 10:43 AM)
My non-sensationalist revision would be, "some folks in here would rather risk getting worse by making a splash than staying the same. Others of us (and apparently the FO) would rather wait for the move(s) that make us better beyond a shadow of a doubt."

And apparently they(and you) seem happy with the status quo. I want the Bulls to win it all, not "be good enough to compete and maybe pull it out if certain other players get injured and our players dont get injured"

It isnt sensationalist to want the Bulls to be better. If I were to say anything was sensationalist, i would say it was your opinion of Nate Robinson ;)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 10:42 AM)
Reports are that Teague's offense has been coming along. Not great on the shooting outside yet but really starting to take advantage of his speed, fastest guy on the court, etc.

But, weak on defense, gaping hole.

Then again, that's a setup the Bulls have had success with before.

He is still really young. He is going to be a project at best.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 11:06 AM)
And apparently they(and you) seem happy with the status quo. I want the Bulls to win it all, not "be good enough to compete and maybe pull it out if certain other players get injured and our players dont get injured"

It isnt sensationalist to want the Bulls to be better. If I were to say anything was sensationalist, i would say it was your opinion of Nate Robinson ;)

I'm just not convinced that one playoff series in 2011 was enough to evaluate the potential of this team, which is better than it was in 2011.

Does anyone even know what the status quo actually IS? The last time we saw this team performing at or near its peak was Game 1 of the playoffs in 2012, and the 2012 season itself was full of lockout-related anomalies.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 12:14 PM)
I'm just not convinced that one playoff series in 2011 was enough to evaluate the potential of this team, which is better than it was in 2011.

the problem is that players like Deng and Carlos are what they are. You arent going to see those two get tremendously better, and with Carlos you could see him drop off or revert back to his injury issues.

Im not advocating a trade simply to make a trade. I want the FO to make a move to make this team better and stop dangling the carrot.