NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Aug 2, 2013 -> 09:24 PM)
Greg Oden signs with the Heat for the minimum so the Heat still have their mini mid level left. Ridiculous.

Easiest signing to predict ever.

At least I can feel like I have a legit chance when I'm hoping that guys on the heat get hurt.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Aug 3, 2013 -> 01:49 PM)
Len Bias died in 1986.

In June.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 3, 2013 -> 06:03 PM)
Ha! I can't believe no one else caught that. 1993 made no sense, but I didn't even think twice.

It was caught the very next post

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 09:28 PM)
Reggie Lewis

So question for J4L. If lebron would have averaged 45 a game in the 80s (more than mike) and if you think lebron is as good in this era as mike was in his era (and you think this era is better), is lebron better than Jordan? Apologies for rehashing an old argument, but I've been drinking so whatevs

QUOTE (Boogua @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 01:45 PM)
So question for J4L. If lebron would have averaged 45 a game in the 80s (more than mike) and if you think lebron is as good in this era as mike was in his era (and you think this era is better), is lebron better than Jordan? Apologies for rehashing an old argument, but I've been drinking so whatevs

Yes, if he was putting up better scoring numbers than MJ in the same era, at the same time as also putting up better rebounding and assist numbers, you'd have a case.

Of course, then we'd also have the wonderful head to head matchups where Pippen's defense destroys him and then the multiple rings the Bulls walk away with even when he pu**ies out and joins the Knicks so that Ewing has to do the real work would be the trump card.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 2, 2013 -> 10:03 PM)
He'll be on the Heat exactly what he was in Portland, a millionaire benchwarmer. He's done.

Reports were that he's been training hard and looking good, but im sure it was leaked by his agent.

The guy had a genetic degeneration in his knees. He's still very young but its really hard to overcome.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 03:22 PM)
Reports were that he's been training hard and looking good, but im sure it was leaked by his agent.

The guy had a genetic degeneration in his knees. He's still very young but its really hard to overcome.

I'd like to say I am cheering for him to overcome it...but he signed with the Heat. I am not.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 02:27 PM)
I'd like to say I am cheering for him to overcome it...but he signed with the Heat. I am not.

He was pushing to sign with the Pacers but ended up down there. I MAY have cheered for him in Indy, now not a chance.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 03:27 PM)

I feel exactly the same way, I was rooting for him in his career, he was a good guy who had some awful luck in his career. But not now. No way.