NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 28, 2013 -> 11:38 AM)
There was nobody that was more pissed off with Derrick than I was last year but damn, I'm getting so excited to watch him play again in a few months.

I'm ready for basketball.

I'm the opposite. I'm much more "Blah" about the Bulls than I have been the last 2 seasons even though I think they have a legit shot.

#thereturn totally drained me.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 28, 2013 -> 12:40 PM)
I'm the opposite. I'm much more "Blah" about the Bulls than I have been the last 2 seasons even though I think they have a legit shot.

#thereturn totally drained me.

I'm much more excited for this season than I have been for any season in the Derrick Rose era. This is the first time pre-season in the Lebron-Miami era that I don't think Miami is going to win it all and I really think the Bulls can be the one to dethrone them.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 28, 2013 -> 01:55 PM)
I'm much more excited for this season than I have been for any season in the Derrick Rose era. This is the first time pre-season in the Lebron-Miami era that I don't think Miami is going to win it all and I really think the Bulls can be the one to dethrone them.

I'm hoping actual basketball can get me back to that point. I feel like I'd have given a 5 minute standing ovation during the introductions for a Rose return in March, and I feel like I'll give a polite golf clap today.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 28, 2013 -> 12:55 PM)

I don't know why. If they can get just 15-20 minutes a game from Oden and have him healthy for the playoffs (I know, huge if) it's more over than ever. I know if was over three years ago. But he was beastin' on the boards and defensively in about 22 MPG. Everything else has gone right for the Heat the last 7-8 years. I'm sure this will, too.

Edited by Jordan4life

In the excited department, count me in as having wet dreams. For the second time this week I dreamt about Derrick Rose on the court. WTF is wrong with me.

Anyway, he finished an alley oop and the camera zoomed in on his face afterwards and it was a legit "he's back and f***ing fine" feeling. Wish it were real.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 29, 2013 -> 12:16 PM)
In the excited department, count me in as having wet dreams. For the second time this week I dreamt about Derrick Rose on the court. WTF is wrong with me.

Anyway, he finished an alley oop and the camera zoomed in on his face afterwards and it was a legit "he's back and f***ing fine" feeling. Wish it were real.

Do you masturbate to NBA highlights? Because I dream of women, and I masturbate to women.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 29, 2013 -> 12:31 PM)
Do you masturbate to NBA highlights? Because I dream of women, and I masturbate to women.

I have sex with my hot ass wife, like, a lot, so I don't really need to masturbate too often.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 28, 2013 -> 05:31 PM)
I don't know why. If they can get just 15-20 minutes a game from Oden and have him healthy for the playoffs (I know, huge if) it's more over than ever. I know if was over three years ago. But he was beastin' on the boards and defensively in about 22 MPG. Everything else has gone right for the Heat the last 7-8 years. I'm sure this will, too.

I'll eat my underware if Oden lasts the whole season...

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 02:49 PM)
Saw a blurb on Rotoworld that said he's going to test free agency

While Deng's a good player, I think he's replaceable. I just don't know if the Bulls will have any cap room to sign a decent replacement.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 02:52 PM)
While Deng's a good player, I think he's replaceable. I just don't know if the Bulls will have any cap room to sign a decent replacement.

If he is wanting to test free agency, I'd be selling him to the highest bidder before the season starts.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 02:55 PM)
Gotta free some room up in 2015, no?

Even if they get rid of Boozer's salary, I don't know if it's enough to get a SF of Deng's caliber. Look at what Iggy got this offseason.

Edit: They have $41 million on the books for 2015-2016, but I believe that's only for maybe 4 rotation players (Noah, Rose, Gibson, Butler). $60 million on the books for 2014-2015, if you take off Boozer's salary, then maybe you're at $43 million. Then you'd have to pay Mirotic (assuming he's not horrible). So you might have around $10 million to spend on a Deng replacement in free agency.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 02:55 PM)
If he is wanting to test free agency, I'd be selling him to the highest bidder before the season starts.

I think the Bulls have an outside chance at a championship and they might be the favorite if one of the big three were to get hurt. You aren't going to get anything of significance for Deng (a non-lotto 1st? That's worth about nothing). May as well ride the season out.