NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 03:57 PM)
On the Bobcats? No. The Heat? A team loaded with quality, take no s*** veterans, good coaching and an elite front office? On a non-guaranteed deal? Most definitely.

lol. Get serious man. Michael Beasley is not going to give the Heat something they don't already have. The dude is a body to keep LeBron's seat warm while he wins games. The dude is a bust.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 08:34 PM)
lol. Get serious man. Michael Beasley is not going to give the Heat something they don't already have. The dude is a body to keep LeBron's seat warm while he wins games. The dude is a bust.

The Heat have a 20 something year old double digit scorer off the bench? Did I miss something? Beasley's scoring could come in really handy for the auto 15-20 games Wade misses.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 08:56 PM)
The Heat have a 20 something year old double digit scorer off the bench? Did I miss something? Beasley's scoring could come in really handy for the auto 15-20 games Wade misses.

Again, it does you no good to score 10 when you give up 15 on the other end.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 08:56 PM)

A lot of guys can score 10 points when their coaches let them take 10 shots. Spoelstra is a competent coach, so it's not likely that Beasley will play long enough to do that. If he does because of a blow to the head or copious ammounts of alcohol, we can all thank the lord that he's shooting the ball instead of Miami's numerous superior options.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 09:09 PM)
A lot of guys can score 10 points when their coaches let them take 10 shots. Spoelstra is a competent coach, so it's not likely that Beasley will play long enough to do that. If he does because of a blow to the head or copious ammounts of alcohol, we can all thank the lord that he's shooting the ball instead of Miami's numerous superior options.

Maybe 10 years ago when Battier, Allen and Lewis were younger.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 09:13 PM)
Maybe 10 years ago when Battier, Allen and Lewis were younger.

Any of those guys are better options open behind the arc than Beasley taking his patented two dribble pull-up jumper with a hand in his face. The guy averages 14.1 PPG in his career on 12.7 shots. That's horrid. Oh, and that's the "strength" of his game.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 09:27 PM)
Any of those guys are better options open behind the arc than Beasley taking his patented two dribble pull-up jumper with a hand in his face. The guy averages 14.1 PPG in his career on 12.7 shots. That's horrid. Oh, and that's the "strength" of his game.

Oh, and now he's playing with LeBron and an elite offensive coach with zero pressure to live up to his draft status.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 09:36 PM)
Oh, and now he's playing with LeBron and an elite offensive coach with zero pressure to live up to his draft status.

He was playing with prime-Wade and Spoelstra the first time the Heat gave up on him. And he was the #2 scoring option so he had the freedom to do what he wanted instead trying to carve out a role with three stars and several key veterans that were already a part of a championship team. He's clearly shown that he's willing to do what it takes to play smart, winning basketball throughout his career (I hope that doesn't need the green).

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 09:43 PM)
He was playing with prime-Wade and Spoelstra the first time the Heat gave up on him. And he was the #2 scoring option so he had the freedom to do what he wanted instead trying to carve out a role with three stars and several key veterans that were already a part of a championship team. He's clearly shown that he's willing to do what it takes to play smart, winning basketball throughout his career (I hope that doesn't need the green).

lmao. oh please. they gave him up so they would have more financial wiggle to get resign Wade and get LeBron and Bosh. It had nothing to do with talent. gmab. Go back to telling me how Jimmy Butler is going to take the Bulls to the next level.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 09:51 PM)
lmao. oh please. they gave him up so they would have more financial wiggle to get resign Wade and get LeBron and Bosh. It had nothing to do with talent. gmab. Go back to telling me how Jimmy Butler is going to take the Bulls to the next level.

Yeah, because teams give up #2 picks after 2 years for cap-clearing purposes all the time. He would have made $4.9 mil that year. They signed Mike Miller for $5 mil. They picked Mike Miller instead of him. Clearly a ringing endorsement.

The last part is really funny to me given that you're talking about a guy that might be Miami's 9th man making them unstoppable. Butler will at least start.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 09:58 PM)
Yeah, because teams give up #2 picks after 2 years for cap-clearing purposes all the time. He would have made $4.9 mil that year. They signed Mike Miller for $5 mil. They picked Mike Miller instead of him. Clearly a ringing endorsement.

When LeBron James is the prize, you damn right you give up that player. Beasley, at that time, had no place with Miami once they got James.

The last part is really funny to me given that you're talking about a guy that might be Miami's 4th forward putting them over the top. Butler will at least start.

Put them over the top? They're already on top.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 10:05 PM)
When LeBron James is the prize, you damn right you give up that player. Beasley, at that time, had no place with Miami once they got James.

Put them over the top? They're already on top.

I changed the wording, I was posting it quickly.

And once again, they picked Mike Miller over him, not Lebron James. Miller made 100k more that year than Beasley did. If he was such a "solid if not spectacular" player, they could have and would have kept him.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 10:05 PM)

But now after years of drug abuse and regression - perfect fit moneymaker.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 11:06 PM)
One, he has to make the team first. Two, if he had the talent level of Yinka Dare we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Wait so you are telling me that he might not make the team, but in the same breath that he will be some huge piece of the Heat Dynasty? Come on man.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 14, 2013 -> 03:16 PM)
Wait so you are telling me that he might not make the team, but in the same breath that he will be some huge piece of the Heat Dynasty? Come on man.

lol. The deal is NON-GUARANTEED. I've said this like 55 times. Get off soxtalk and check a hoops site every now and then. And lol@huge piece. Yeah, that's clearly what I've been saying. Heat+Beasley=70 wins. No doubt.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 14, 2013 -> 03:21 PM)
lol. The deal is NON-GUARANTEED. I've said this like 55 times. Get off soxtalk and check a hoops site every now and then. And lol@huge piece. Yeah, that's clearly what I've been saying. Heat+Beasley=70 wins. No doubt.

I get that. What I don't get is how you can have doubt about his even making the team, but still think he is going to be some difference maker. That is a joke.