NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 02:42 PM)
In other words, you need great, great players to win titles. Been the case since, I don't know, forever.

Generally, the better the players you have, the more books on your genius you can write.

I do think Phil is/was a great coach though. The Bulls were a bad call away from the finals without Michael.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Boogua @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 02:51 PM)
Wouldn't that circle back to the original argument of "it's easy to win with Lebron James"?

As much as I don't like the Bulls' core aside from Rose, I'll take them ALL DAY over the crap Mike Brown had to work with aside from LeBron. That team had no business beating the Pistons.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 02:53 PM)
Of course. Saying that Spoelstra is an offensive genius when he was generally considered to be a defensive guy as an assistant is silly. Calling him an offensive genius because they brought in LeBron, run an Iso offense with 2-3 guys on the wings who can hit 3s so LeBron can take it or kick is silly. I have also never once said that Spoelstra is a bad coach, just that the offensive genius thing is silly. The only real big wrinkle he added to the offense from the first season was having those wing guys standing at the line. I think that's something most guys could have come up with if they had LeBron, Wade, Bosh, and all those shooters.

The Heat have gotten progressively better every year of the big three era. They ran the most efficient offense (regular season) in nba history. Good coaching matters.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 03:01 PM)
Generally, the better the players you have, the more books on your genius you can write.

I do think Phil is/was a great coach though. The Bulls were a bad call away from the finals without Michael.

They also still had an all-time Top 50 player in Pippen after Michael left.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 09:04 PM)
Yes, Beasley is just going to singlehandedly torpedo the Heat's defense. lol. Get over it. You're only hating because it's the Heat. Period.

I don't think anyone said "f*** yeah, Beasley" when the Suns got him, either.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 03:36 PM)
I think a better question would be, what does Spoelstra do?

Coach, win titles and bang this girl. 1dLXth.Em.56.jpeg

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 03:41 PM)
I don't think anyone said "f*** yeah, Beasley" when the Suns got him, either.

And I didn't say that when he signed with the Heat, either. #JimmyButlerisgoingtobringusatitle

'Coach, win titles and bang this girl.

And I didn't say that when he signed with the Heat, either. #JimmyButlerisgoingtobringusatitle

The new deal calls for Spoelstra to earn a $250,000 bonus this season, then $2.75 million for next season and $3 million in 2013-14, sources told ESPN.com.