NBA Thread 2013-2014

I don't know if Derrick and Booz have beef or what, but it's been long enough that they have zero rapport on offense. Boozer is the worst-utilized player I've ever seen us have. We have the best PG in the world and Boozer, our second best offensive player, is never involved in the offense. For f***'s sake

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 30, 2013 -> 02:10 AM)
I don't know if Derrick and Booz have beef or what, but it's been long enough that they have zero rapport on offense. Boozer is the worst-utilized player I've ever seen us have. We have the best PG in the world and Boozer, our second best offensive player, is never involved in the offense. For f***'s sake

He has 19 of our 33 points? I guess that doesn't disprove what you're saying, but still.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 29, 2013 -> 09:03 PM)
I was waiting to see who would be the person to declare the season over in the first half of the first game...

The season's not over, but it will end with Miami winning 3 in a row. I have very little hesitation saying that.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 29, 2013 -> 08:12 PM)
He has 19 of our 33 points? I guess that doesn't disprove what you're saying, but still.

My point was that he'd have more if we were more intentional about getting him the ball, especially when Rose is on the floor. He and Jo are great passers and we need to make the defense collapse down there. Our wings can't do s*** because they aren't worried about what we're doing down low

In other news, Derrick does not get those superstar calls

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 29, 2013 -> 08:14 PM)
In other news, Derrick does not get those superstar calls

He's no Mario Chalmers.

Gotta love when guys stay back to complain to refs and get a cherry pick hoop out of it.

We'll get a little closer so long as Butler and Deng don't get more ticky tack calls against them in the third quarter.

The first quarter started very physical and suddenly it was back to the normal Heat protection program

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 29, 2013 -> 08:18 PM)
Terrible. They'll both make shots, Dunleavy is just off and Snell just as he was the first preseason game looks extremely nervous.

Can you blame him? Tough situation for a rookies first game. Nobody was scoring. Had to put him in to hope he'd make a shot.

Yeah, I'm not worried about Dunleavy. He's a known entity, he will be really good for us but had a bad half. Snell was god awful but let's hope that those minutes pay off as he gets more comfortable. Everything he was doing were things that I'd expect a guy that's extremely pumped up to do. Hopefully he chills out, but he probably won't get minutes for a while unless Deng and Butler both get back into foul trouble.

Our offense was absolute s***. I don't think I endorse this run and gun stuff at all. To me, it just negates our advantages over Miami. The problem we've always had with Derrick is him being such a good playmaker causes us to run no actual offense. Against a good defense like Miami, we have to have a plan that is more sophisticated than passing it around until Derrick drives

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 29, 2013 -> 08:18 PM)
Terrible. They'll both make shots, Dunleavy is just off and Snell just as he was the first preseason game looks extremely nervous.

The good thing is that it's only game 1 of 82, but none of this is very encouraging.