NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We won't be right until Derrick starts acting like a point guard. He needs to make his teammates better. He doesn't do that. Hopefully this is just a side effect of him being so focused on finding his stroke. Getting our post players involved in the offense as they were last year will be a big help as well, but that requires Derrick to do his part as well.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 6, 2013 -> 08:33 PM)
Why does Kirk Hinrich exist? How does it make sense that he's playing right now?

I like to pick on Hinrich as much as anyone but he was fine tonight. I'm sure he's getting more pt because he's one of the few that can hit a jump shot so far.

It's only been 5 games but Michael Carter Williams is really playing like the 2009 Tyreke Evans. Big athletic PG who excels at driving to the hoop, but a pretty bad shooter otherwise. Though I think he has a much better chance of staying at the point, which could turn him into a really special player down the road.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFan05 @ Nov 6, 2013 -> 10:55 PM)
Rose just needs his breakout game. I'm calling 26 pts on Friday

It's not just his points; it's 21 turnovers against 15 assists so far. Yeah, those assists would look better if other guys were shooting, but still.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Nov 7, 2013 -> 04:05 PM)
Magic Johnson: The Bulls and Knicks need to make a trade if they're going to compete with teh Pacers, Heat and Nets.

Agree completely with Magic for the first time ever.

I think it's easy to overreact. But I do worry. People thought others were overreacting about lakers after 4-5 games last year but it turns out the problems were real.

Just so bizarre how awful the offense is. I think Rose needs to chill out and get his teammates moving. I think they are all worried about getting Rose back on track and it's affecting them.

The biggest problem with the Bulls, and it's been a problem for a long time, is the team is full of jump shooters. Rose is the only guy that can create off the dribble. Neither Boozer or Noah are post players, the get their points on jump shots and put backs. So when the team can't make shots, they lose. And that problem is made worse when they get beat on the boards.

I don't see how this problem rectifies itself. In the past they had guys like Korver, Rip and Nate that could stretch the floor and actually make baskets. Dunleavy isn't really the guy to do that.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 7, 2013 -> 06:50 PM)
The biggest problem with the Bulls, and it's been a problem for a long time, is the team is full of jump shooters. Rose is the only guy that can create off the dribble. Neither Boozer or Noah are post players, the get their points on jump shots and put backs. So when the team can't make shots, they lose. And that problem is made worse when they get beat on the boards.

I don't see how this problem rectifies itself. In the past they had guys like Korver, Rip and Nate that could stretch the floor and actually make baskets. Dunleavy isn't really the guy to do that.

Not sure Rip qualifies since he never played. Nate is in Roses spot. Dunleavy absolutely should be hitting shots. He's replacing your Korver/Belli. Bulls need someone to be aggressive with passing beside Rose. our second best passer is Noah, and he's not in good position to help rose out.

We just have a bunch of 15 ft jump shooters and not 3 point jump shooters.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 7, 2013 -> 12:55 PM)
That "trade" will come in the form of Derrick Rose and Jo to be completely honest. Dunleavy will also start hitting shot at some point. I'm frustrated but not worried at all

This. Good God, people.