NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 02:01 AM)
If I was going to pick one of out that group as well Jordan, it'd be Anthony Davis.

He's already putting up insane stat lines. You just hope his body will hold up over time.

I agree totally. Davis is one of those once every 10-15 years types. He's Kevin Garnett with more shot-blocking capability. After that I'd go Love. He's single-handedly restored my faith in american-born white players. Dude is putting up early 90's Charles Barkley numbers. And I don't see any reason why he can't do it for a full season (other than health). Then the next guy would be Drummond. I think he'll be a much bigger/athletic version of 2001-2006 Ben Wallace when he hits his peak. Plus he's banging the white girl from Icarly.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 02:01 AM)
If I was going to pick one of out that group as well Jordan, it'd be Anthony Davis.

He's already putting up insane stat lines. You just hope his body will hold up over time.

His ass has already taken a beating, clearly

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 10:15 PM)
Davis and Love are legit. Cousins is absurdly talented but an inconsistent headcase. The rest are basically the same guys they were last year when we were all uninspired by the bigs around the league.

Maybe it's time to lower your standards. Shaq's and Hakeem's don't grow on trees. Just like when Dirk, LeBron and Durant are done, we won't see their likes for a while (well, we won't see a LeBron ever again).

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 10:33 PM)
Maybe it's time to lower your standards. Shaq's and Hakeem's don't grow on trees. Just like when Dirk, LeBron and Durant are done, we won't see their likes for a while (well, we won't see a LeBron ever again).

We'll see a Magic 2.0 again (when were probably the age of YASNY/Tex/BigEdWalsh), just maybe not one built the size of a tank as well though.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 11:32 PM)
Then he can't be LeBron.

Your right.. he could be bigger with more athleticism. Who knows. These players these days are just crazy athletic/built. Can't imagine if you add another 10/20/30 years into the equation with better well.. everything (medicines, weight/workouts, overall technology etc.)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 11:40 PM)
Your right.. he could be bigger with more athleticism. Who knows. These players these days are just crazy athletic/built. Can't imagine if you add another 10/20/30 years into the equation with better well.. everything (medicines, weight/workouts, overall technology etc.)

Bigger than LeBron and you're talkin' 275-280? I just can't see that ever happening. Then again, I never could've envisioned LeBron back in 1996. So you have a point.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 11, 2013 -> 02:27 PM)
Suns are 5-2 now. Between them and Philly, I think we can put the tanking s*** to bed. That s*** was lame.

I think it shows if anything, that Jeff Hornacek and Brett Brown are also going to be very good NBA Coaches, and talent isn't the be all to end all if you can actually get a team to "buy in" so to speak.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 10:33 PM)

Nah, just not nutting myself if someone has 2 good weeks. Several of those guys aren't even doing much better than last year, especially if you look at MPG inceases.

I want to be clear this isn't about the 90s vs now bulls*** either, this is about 12/13 vs 13/14.Other than Love being healthy and Davis being unleashed(we'll see on Cousins keeping his s*** together), not much is different inside.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 11, 2013 -> 01:02 PM)
Nah, just not nutting myself if someone has 2 good weeks.

What would J4L post about then?

I'm excited for Anthony Davis. I didn't know how much stock to put into last year, I was only half paying attention with his injury. He was so remarkable as a freshman at UK, he allowed their guards to press up like hell because he'd swat anyone that drove. Still haven't seen him this year, want to catch a Nola game soon.