NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 08:42 AM)
I'm feeling pretty good about 76ers now that they only have to go 13-60 rest of the way for me to go to richtown.

No MCW? No problem. James Anderson, who's averaging just over 4 ppg for his career, drops 36 points on 16 shots (including 6 3's). Crazy s***. Their front office has to be furious right now. This was not the plan at all.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 10:28 AM)
No MCW? No problem. James Anderson, who's averaging just over 4 ppg for his career, drops 36 points on 16 shots (including 6 3's). Crazy s***. Their front office has to be furious right now. This was not the plan at all.

Maybe we'll see a Head Coach fired for winning (whose name isn't George Karl).

I don't think Philly's GM is furious. They'll still be fine and low. It's only 9 games in. Remember...2 years ago? WHen people thought bobcats coach could be coach of year after their hot start? I'm sure they are more than happy to have nailed MCW.

It's not like Boston is going according to plan either. They just need to get low enough to be in the race, and then have a bunch get "injuries" in second half.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 09:40 AM)
I don't think Philly's GM is furious. They'll still be fine and low. It's only 9 games in. Remember...2 years ago? WHen people thought bobcats coach could be coach of year after their hot start? I'm sure they are more than happy to have nailed MCW.

It's not like Boston is going according to plan either. They just need to get low enough to be in the race, and then have a bunch get "injuries" in second half.

They can be bad and still torpedo their draft position. Remember the '03 Bulls? They were winning 15-20 games a year and then suddenly "improved" to 30 wins and instead of LeBron, Carmelo or Wade they end up with Hinrich.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 01:04 AM)
So Bulls fans, what are your thoughts on Aaron Afflalo?

Would he someone who if acquired, would help put the Bulls onto the same level as Miami and Indiana?

FWIW, he's shooting 46% from 3PT range, and is averaging a career high at 19.5 a game. Jacque Vaughn's figured out that he's not a playmaker, but if you surround him with one and just allow him to focus on nailing corner 3's and playing defense, he's pretty handy to say the least (in his current form). His contract is also fairly decent at 7.5M a season for the next 2-3 years as well.

I'll answer this when I start seeing this year's bulls team play like they're capable of. Improving the role players doesn't do much if the team can't play at a high level.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 09:40 AM)

Pretty much this. The Sixers are already getting outscored by 2.8 PPG, that'll get worse once Spencer Hawes stops playing like an All-Star and Evan Turner goes back to shooting 40%. They're still going to end up in the bottom 5. Same deal with Charlotte, they're 4-4 right now despite getting outscored by 4.3 a night.

They definitely can't be mad so far. MCW looks like a homerun and Hawes and Turner are building trade value right now. They still only have 5 wins, they need to get like 25 more to really hurt their draft position. They're also still sitting on Nerlens Noel, that could be a big deal.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 14, 2013 -> 11:51 PM)
Warriors putting on another show from deep. These western conference teams are just too fun to watch.

The Western conference playoffs are going to be the most fun and wide open I can ever remember. They're going to be amazing.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 15, 2013 -> 10:03 AM)
Meh. It wouldn't annoy me as much if the Bulls hadn't had 3 days off. Rose needs to play, play and play some more for him to get back to where he was. But whatever.

It is November. If he is hurt at all, sit out. Hell he hasn't had a problem with it in the past when the games actually mattered...