NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Rose's problem early part of this season is he's out to prove that he's fully healthy and he's back. He's trying to do too much and was playing too fast. He's trusting his mid range and 3 point shot a lot more tonight, and the result definitely shows.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 16, 2013 -> 08:26 PM)
Still odd to see Derrick miss layups, even when they're difficult ones. When he's right he finishes everything at the rim.

He's doing the right things this game. I think he knows he's not able to finish as well ATM, so he's just penetrating to get the defense to collapse and then creating shots for others.

I'm going to go back to my original assertion that this Indiana team isn't that f***ing good. You have Paul George, who is great, plus no guards. Hibbert is breaking out and is a great piece. I feel like West never ends up playing up to his ability on that team, for a whatever reason. Maybe I just overrate West. No depth IMO on Indiana.

A resurgent Granger could make them quite a bit formidable, though, if that ever exists. Not sure how well he and George would share the floor though.

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 16, 2013 -> 08:41 PM)
I'm going to go back to my original assertion that this Indiana team isn't that f***ing good. You have Paul George, who is great, plus no guards. Hibbert is breaking out and is a great piece. I feel like West never ends up playing up to his ability on that team, for whatever reason. Maybe I just overrate West. No depth IMO on Indiana

Indiana has a lot of depth. Their bench is pretty damn good.

I feel like this Indy team will be fairly erratic come playoff time. They'll have their great games and they'll have games where Lance Stephenson clanks everything (like tonight).

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 16, 2013 -> 09:41 PM)
I'm going to go back to my original assertion that this Indiana team isn't that f***ing good. You have Paul George, who is great, plus no guards. Hibbert is breaking out and is a great piece. I feel like West never ends up playing up to his ability on that team, for a whatever reason. Maybe I just overrate West. No depth IMO on Indiana.

A resurgent Granger could make them quite a bit formidable, though, if that ever exists. Not sure how well he and George would share the floor though.

The bulls have had me wondering the same thing the last couple weeks.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 16, 2013 -> 09:41 PM)

They have much better depth than last year and were able to take Miami to 7 games. Hibbert is basically unstoppable when he's the focal point of the offense because of the lack of centers now. Indiana is likely just as good healthy (hill and Danny in the backcourt, with CJ and lance coming off the bench) as anybody. Scola was a huge get. George is taking the next step. This team is good.

Also, pretty sure lebron has a chance of shooting over 60% this year. He's doing to the league what I could see prime mike doing today and making the league reconsider the hand check rule. He's playing the nba like a joke.

e: I'm drunk. Lebron will have the best statistical season since the merger.

Edited by Boogua

QUOTE (Boogua @ Nov 16, 2013 -> 08:47 PM)
They have much better depth than last year and were able to take Miami to 7 games. Hibbert is basically unstoppable when he's the focal point of the offense because of the lack of centers now. Indiana is likely just as good healthy (hill and Danny in the backcourt, with CJ and lance coming off the bench) as anybody. Scola was a huge get. George is taking the next step. This team is good.

They're very good but Hibbert and unstoppable do not go together. He's not a very good offensive player.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Nov 16, 2013 -> 08:50 PM)
Also, pretty sure lebron has a chance of shooting over 60% this year. He's doing to the league what I could see prime mike doing today and making the league reconsider the hand check rule. He's playing the nba like a joke.

Have to be. You haven't given LeBron this much props since, well, never.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 16, 2013 -> 09:58 PM)
Yes he was able to beat up a tiny Miami team. When he's not playing the Heat he's an extremely average offensive player.

He killed Noah (who admittedly was coming off injury) this year. He may have turned the corner

QUOTE (Boogua @ Nov 16, 2013 -> 09:00 PM)
He killed Noah (who admittedly was coming off injury) this year. He may have turned the corner

And has done nothing against Jo today. His stats this year are very similar to his career stats on the offensive end. He's a 10 to 12 point a game scorer, nothing special at all on the offensive side of things.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 16, 2013 -> 09:03 PM)
And has done nothing against Jo today. His stats this year are very similar to his career stats on the offensive end. He's a 10 to 12 point a game scorer, nothing special at all on the offensive side of things.

Hibbert's definitely improved his defensive prowess. Offensively he's far from unstoppable. I'd love for him to have the ball every possession.

Yeah, I'm not worried about Hibbert when we have a healthy Noah, Boozer, Gibson, Mohammed. We've done pretty damn well with George and I don't generally expect to be beaten by good wings with Jimmy/Luol guarding guys like that.

As far as their depth goes, I think Lance Stephenson f***ing sucks. CJ Watson is also not a good NBA basketball player and shouldn't be in the rotation for a title contender. Look at the minutes he was getting on the offense-starved Bulls during the 2010-11 playoff run.

George Hill sucks. He's basically a poor man's young Kirk Hinrich. Plays point guard but doesn't point guard all that well, doesn't score all that efficiently, and is an overrated defender. Lance Stephenson seems to have some breakout potential but really doesn't pass the eye test for me. That dude went off a couple times in the playoffs last year and it looked like one of the flukiest things ever. I think his strong start to the season is more of a blip on the radar than anything else, but we shall see.

It's not that the Pacers suck, I just don't think they're actually this amazing team that's going to go win the East

QUOTE (Boogua @ Nov 16, 2013 -> 08:50 PM)

I shudder to think what 87-93 Jordan would do in this perimeter friendly, breath on the offensive player and it's a foul league...also, weak era for big men and they can't camp their big asses in the paint.

PJax and Larry Brown, who know basketball a little better than all of us here combined, have said that MJ could easily average 40 today.

LeBron is good but he ain't MJ good. Case in point, do you think any team would leave MJ open and DARE him to shoot open Js in a Finals series? And that strategy would've worked had the Spurs been able to hit FTs or grab a f***ing rebound in the waning moments of Gm 6.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1