Micah Johnson: Wheels...And what else?

I brought this article up in the 6/26 thread and feel like it could use its own thread. Mods if this should be in his AAP thread then feel free to move it there.

Overall it's a pretty good look at a player I view as the most exciting player in our system ATM. The author of it has said to have seen Kanny 15 times this season so he should be able to give us a better inside look at Micah.

Here is the quote i was referring to in the other thread about the infield in Kanny....

More problematic is Johnson’s defense. He’s made seventeen errors already this year and is fielding .942, which is unacceptable for a second baseman even in the lower minors. The error total is easily the highest among SAL second sackers, and the fielding percentage is tied for the lowest among the league’s regulars at the position. Part of the blame can be assigned to an infield that produces absurdly bad hops on a routine basis, but nine of the seventeen miscues have come in road contests. Johnson doesn’t show a great feel for the position, particularly in terms of his reads and positioning. He gets caught on his heels too often and lets the ball play him, and he needs a lot of work with turning double plays.

I conveniently forgot the 2nd part of the sentence, so there's that. Perhaps he's "used to" the bad hops and is taking that anticipation with him on road games. The bad hops could also be the reason why Anderson is having trouble with errors.

Feel free to touch on other parts of the article in here.

The article was written by a guy who has posted a ton of videos on various Sox prospects at Kanny and W-S. He recently joined FanGraphs.

Also for fun and a re-plug, here is the FS interview with Micah that came out around the same time.

I think at least some of his defensive troubles - per both himself and in-person reports I have read - is that he's been rushing and trying to get fancy.

As for the field at Kanny, that I just don't know.