6/28 Games

Dunt

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 05:24 PM)
Phegley has hit a mini-slump.

Help is on the way...

Roger Bossard's son is the next hot up-and-coming Sox prospect.

He supposedly learned a curveball in five pitches, according to Ed Farmer.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 06:13 PM)
Why do you find a need overanalyze his batting average every day?

What, if anything, do we really have to actually care about for the rest of the season?

Hawkins' development is the single most important factor for the organization going forward, along with Sale staying healthy.

Of course, it's going to be analyzed, reanalyzed and micro-analyzed.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 07:38 PM)
What, if anything, do we really have to actually care about for the rest of the season?

Hawkins' development is the single most important factor for the organization going forward, along with Sale staying healthy.

Of course, it's going to be analyzed, reanalyzed and micro-analyzed.

Because it adds no value if you analyze his batting average every game? It doesn't make a difference if he's hitting .188 or .191. He is far far away from producing at the major league level. Unless you get pleasure from watching a minor leaguer's BA jump 0.03 in one day.

At the Charlotte game in person.

Wilkins homer was a line drive to the right field corner.

Sanchez has a double and a single.

Erik Johnson has been excellent -- consistent 92-93 FB, hard breaking ball.

Just three hits and only one walk in six complete. 86 pitches, 60 strikes. Pounding the zone.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 06:51 PM)
Because it adds no value if you analyze his batting average every game? It doesn't make a difference if he's hitting .188 or .191. He is far far away from producing at the major league level. Unless you get pleasure from watching a minor leaguer's BA jump 0.03 in one day.

FINE, oh wise one, it also doesn't do any good to say his day to day results or if he walks or homers either....we should REALLY just ignore him for the rest of the season and then look at the final results at the end of the year, like you would with a mutual fund.

I won't mention his FREAKING batting average for the rest of the season, because I'll be specifically waiting for your oh so insightful night-by-night analysis of what we actually SHOULD be looking for based on your extensive experience of assessing minor league prospects.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 06:56 PM)
At the Charlotte game in person.

Wilkins homer was a line drive to the right field corner.

Sanchez has a double and a single.

Erik Johnson has been excellent -- consistent 92-93 FB, hard breaking ball.

Just three hits and only one walk in six complete. 86 pitches, 60 strikes. Pounding the zone.

Velocity doesn't matter. It's movement.

Pitch counts don't matter.

BLAH BLAH.

Just joking. Sort of.

(This isn't aimed at you).

Waiting to hear from our esteemed panel of experts what we should be looking for that we are already not well aware of, lol.

No problem.

Johnson looks pretty polished and poised on the mound. Did a good job of covering first base twice. Looks a little thick in lower body, but that's nit-picking.

He's coming out for the seventh inning.

After watching Cleveland score 14 runs, couldn't watch any more. Decided it was healthier to watch the future.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 07:58 PM)
FINE, oh wise one, it also doesn't do any good to say his day to day results or if he walks or homers either....we should REALLY just ignore him for the rest of the season and then look at the final results at the end of the year, like you would with a mutual fund.

I won't mention his FREAKING batting average for the rest of the season, because I'll be specifically waiting for your oh so insightful night-by-night analysis of what we actually SHOULD be looking for based on your extensive experience of assessing minor league prospects.

I think you are forgetting that you are bringing up these stat lines/observations for discussion. Other posters can certainly go on the box score and look at the stat line themselves. A great game, bad game, new trend, new observation, consistent trend, things beyond the box score, etc are usually discussion worthy. 0/1, 0/2, 1/3, 1/4 games aren't usually going to garner much discussion.

Like I said, if you get pleasure from doing it, and want to continue to be your one man TMZ, and use the forum as a ranting and spamming ground, keep up the good work.

Take it for what it's worth, this is the last time I am commenting on your posting type.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 07:58 PM)
I think you are forgetting that you are bringing up these stat lines/observations for discussion. Other posters can certainly go on the box score and look at the stat line themselves. A great game, bad game, new trend, new observation, consistent trend, things beyond the box score, etc are usually discussion worthy. 0/1, 0/2, 1/3, 1/4 games aren't usually going to garner much discussion.

Like I said, if you get pleasure from doing it, and want to continue to be your one man TMZ, and use the forum as a ranting and spamming ground, keep up the good work.

Take it for what it's worth, this is the last time I am commenting on your posting type.

SPAMMING?

Yeah, sure....that's why I come to this website.

WTF.

Because I'm the ONLY ONE who has ever noticed that Hawkins is striking out a prolific pace, lol.

So you're right.

We should never mention his K's for the rest of the season, on a daily basis, we should only look at general trends and streaks and not game by game.

Maybe you can get the moderators to agree to your idea.

FLAVUM should be censured too, haha. He's not adding anything to the discussion, by your definition.

Edited by caulfield12