6/28 Games

Dunt

I am not saying you couldn't keep ranting and micro analyzing about Hawkins every single day. If it adds any value to you, by all means.

I don't see how one poster can't give honest opinion/feedback on another poster who practices a habit regularly when no personal attack is involved. Maybe learn to respond in a more constructive way?

It's early, but Michalczewski is looking to be one of the best contact hitting prospects we had in a while, and he's ONLY 18 years old. Hard not to get excited about him.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jun 29, 2013 -> 12:55 PM)
Braulio Ortiz has got to be the dark horse of our pitchers down at the farm. His slider is an out pitch. Nice to see an int'l player progressing in the system. If he finished this season how he has been and carries it into next year he may be cracking some top 10 lists by next summer.

Glad to see Josh Phegley hitting again. 2-4, HR, 2 RBIs.

Carlos Sanchez has the slowest, steadiest improvement in his average. After going 2-4, 2B, with a walk his average is up to .242. Everyone seems to be down on him but I feel like spending 2014 down in AAA, a more age appropriate year for him, we should have a better indication of what to expect from his bat.

Love Erik Johnson carrying his K's up to AAA for his second straight start. 7 Ks in 7 IP for a nice QS for EJ.

Jared Mitchell's average is now .207 after 2-3, 2 2B night. Improvement is good right?

Trayce Thompson 1-3, 2B, RBI. Average at .270. I remember people calling me crazy when I said he could hit .270 this year. Really starting to like the kid and he just racks up the 2Bs and RBIs in AA.

Kevin Vance is one of my favorite relievers down at the farm. With Daniel Webb's big fastball getting all the attention Vance seemingly goes unnoticed but he could be a decent piece for us down the line. His good stuff is now turning into quality stats. 2.1 IP, 0 H, 2 BB, 3 K, SV.

Micah Johnson went 2-2 in Kanny's PPD game. It has to be time to move him up. He's hitting .339, he's way too old for low A and I believe he either leads MiLB or is in 2nd in the following categories: Rs, SBs, 3Bs. Not to mention he also leads Kanny in HRs.

Trey Michalzewski went 3-5, RBI and a 2B in the 3 hole for Bristol.

Sammy Ayala went 3-5, RBI to bring his average up .308.

Nick Basto 2-4, R, 3B, 2 RBIs, 2Ks. Playing almost everyday for Great Falls and hitting .359 in 39 ABs.

Overall an AWESOME day for a lot of our better prospects. Great to see after such a piece of s*** day from the Sox.

Carlos Sanchez and Jared Mitchell have both been very hot as of late. Sanchez has a .484 wOBA over his last 8 games, and Mitchell has a whopping .590 wOBA over his last 10. Granted Mitchell's success is now coming in AA after demotion, but at least they are both starting to show signs of life.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 07:30 PM)
Does anyone know what kind of stuff Braulio Ortiz has? I know he just moved into the rotation, but 58 Ks in 44.1 innings is absolutely fantastic.

Mid-90's fastball that I saw described as "heavy". Slider is inconsistent but flashes plus. Working to develop other pitches. Saw two different people note he has a nice relatively low-effort, consistent delivery. He's tall and, based on a couple videos I've seen, pretty well filled-out. But at 21 he could see more weight.

He's a guy worth keeping an eye on for sure. Getting at least one more decent pitch would be the difference in starting and relieving for him, most likely. But even as a reliever, he looks like he may be legit.