2013-2014 NHL thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 01:02 PM)
The dream is over...

Indeed. I still remember reading this board and the draft scouts when he was picked he was suppose to be that Lucic type power forward next to Toews and Kane... sigh.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 03:08 PM)
I hope the Rangers (or someone) give him a chance. I know what he can do when his head is on straight. I'm rooting for him. Still has so much talent.

I think that ship sailed a long time ago, maybe he had it on straight in the WHL but that's about it. He'll be a decent AHL player for them.

I did catch some of the game Friday, Rockford up to their usual antics...give Dent credit for telling two of them to f*** off early.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 09:44 PM)
Brutally officiated OT.

Ducks had the game won earlier. Such an obvious push by Seabrook on that goalie interference. Probably why there was no call on the Saad breakaway.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 09:51 PM)
Raanta was awful in the shoot out. Sucks to give up the extra point.

wonder if he faced any shootouts in the Finnish league? Looks like he had no idea what to do.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 09:58 PM)
Ducks had the game won earlier. Such an obvious push by Seabrook on that goalie interference. Probably why there was no call on the Saad breakaway.

wonder if he faced any shootouts in the Finnish league? Looks like he had no idea what to do.

Sounded like not.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 09:58 PM)

Seabrook has had two really bad games the last two, really bad.

it is getting scary ugly in the Boston-Pittsburgh game.

Orpik knocks Loui Eriksson out of the game on first shift. Thornton wants to fight Orpik but Orpik wouldnt. 10 minutes later Marchand is knocked to the ice and while on his knees trying to get up, James Neal puts a knee to the back on Marchand's head. Then Thornton comes over and punches Orpik in the scrum while he's on the ice and Orpik is getting carted off.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 06:39 PM)

Orpik knocks Loui Eriksson out of the game on first shift. Thornton wants to fight Orpik but Orpik wouldnt. 10 minutes later Marchand is knocked to the ice and while on his knees trying to get up, James Neal puts a knee to the back on Marchand's head. Then Thornton comes over and punches Orpik in the scrum while he's on the ice and Orpik is getting carted off.

Just saw what Thornton did. I don't care what happened earlier, that is awful.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 07:39 PM)

http://deadspin.com/brooks-orpik-carted-of...dium=socialflow

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 04:42 PM)
I think that ship sailed a long time ago, maybe he had it on straight in the WHL but that's about it. He'll be a decent AHL player for them.

I did catch some of the game Friday, Rockford up to their usual antics...give Dent credit for telling two of them to f*** off early.

He was way worse in the WHL than he ever has been in the AHL.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 8, 2013 -> 09:05 PM)
Always nice to play Florida. Q says he doesn't think Coreys injury is serious., but we all know how it goes with hockey injuries.

He looked pretty hurt. I'm worried.