2013-2014 NHL thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 12:29 PM)
Baseball season just that compelling.

Haha, that actually is the whole problem. Hockey went so late, then there was no baseball season at all, so it just seems like we are going straight from the SCF to the regular season without a break.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 02:57 PM)
Haha, that actually is the whole problem. Hockey went so late, then there was no baseball season at all, so it just seems like we are going straight from the SCF to the regular season without a break.

I'm the opposite. Because baseball season was pretty much done when hockey ended, I have been waiting for hockey and high school sports forever.

ku-bigpic.jpg

The fans are super excited for hockey in Florida. This was the anthem scene at the BB&T Center in Sunrise, Fla., this afternoon for Predators-Panthers. It proves once and for all that there's no better setting for preseason hockey than a doubleheader that begins at 2:30 on a Monday in south Florida in the middle of September.

Can someone who knows more about our Hawks prospects than I do please let me know if all this talk about Teuvo Teravainen is simply because he is our guy, or is he really a ROY contender? I hear everyone say how skilled and incredible he could be, and that he has some Kaner in him, but I can't tell if that's homers, or if that's the national consensus. Thanks.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 19, 2013 -> 10:39 PM)
Can someone who knows more about our Hawks prospects than I do please let me know if all this talk about Teuvo Teravainen is simply because he is our guy, or is he really a ROY contender? I hear everyone say how skilled and incredible he could be, and that he has some Kaner in him, but I can't tell if that's homers, or if that's the national consensus. Thanks.

Wait, Kaner and Teuvo are banging?

Call me crazy, but I'm on Kessel's side. This gigantic 6'8" talentless goon is trying to beat the s*** out of you, what would you do? Stand up and fight him? Hell no. Get the hell away from him anyway you can.

Either way, that whole video shows why fighting in hockey needs to go.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 23, 2013 -> 12:33 PM)
Call me crazy, but I'm on Kessel's side. This gigantic 6'8" talentless goon is trying to beat the s*** out of you, what would you do? Stand up and fight him? Hell no. Get the hell away from him anyway you can.

Either way, that whole video shows why fighting in hockey needs to go.

You don't use your stick as a weapon.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 23, 2013 -> 09:20 AM)
Kessel could easily have looked at him and said I ain't dropping the gloves and then Scott looks foolish. Those guys don't just drop the gloves and maul people. Especially John Scott who is a really good guy as well as a hockey goon.

Who gives a s*** if he's a really good guy? His fists still hurt and he can ruin a career, especially a star who is about to earn a lot of money next offseason.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 23, 2013 -> 09:48 AM)
You don't use your stick as a weapon.

That's a good point and that second slash was definitely excessive. I just don't think he's the one bad guy or "coward" in all of this. He was put on the ice to defuse the situation, yet Scott still went after him which isn't supposed to happen.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 23, 2013 -> 10:10 AM)
Who gives a s*** if he's a really good guy? His fists still hurt and he can ruin a career, especially a star who is about to earn a lot of money next offseason.

That's a good point and that second slash was definitely excessive. I just don't think he's the one bad guy or "coward" in all of this. He was put on the ice to defuse the situation, yet Scott still went after him which isn't supposed to happen.

Players don't just drop the gloves and beat the s*** out of the other guy if they are not looking to drop the gloves also. All Kessel had to do was skate away from Scott and it would have been over. Scott would not have jumped on him and started pounding him.

Using his stick a second time, later after everything had cooled down was the real bush league move.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 23, 2013 -> 10:10 AM)

The first one was iffy at best. The second one Scott was engaged with someone else, and that deserves a really, really long suspension. Kessel needs to go for at least 20 games, if not more.

Side note is that the announcer needed to be slapped. Was Scott being goonish? Absolutely. He was not the biggest problem there. Kessel is the one who needed to go off of the ice. That was homerism that even Hawk would be embarrassed by.