2013-2014 NHL thread

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 12:19 AM)
For one season, it'd be hard not to take Chara. Maybe Karlsson.

He's a great player. He's one guy I was right about very early on when a lot of people hated this small guy who seemingly played like the skinny guy in Ice Hockey. You could see he was an extremely great skater at that point, was very quick, relentless and had good instincts. He just needed some experience and a bit of bulk. I mean, the guy scored what Lance Armstrong did in his prime on the fitness test on the bike.

He just brings so much and now on the point of the PP he's been dangerous. He does so many little things that get missed by casual fans and even the announcers. What a great player.

I mean this must be what it felt to have lindstrom all those years.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 12:23 AM)
He just brings so much and now on the point of the PP he's been dangerous. He does so many little things that get missed by casual fans and even the announcers. What a great player.

I mean this must be what it felt to have lindstrom all those years.

Correct. Watching/scouting a good defenseman isn't easy for a casual fan like it is for a forward. Oh, he scores a lot, must be good. There's so many first passes and little board plays and ACTIVE STICK PLAYS and reads he makes that are great.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 12:27 AM)
Of course during the discussion some meathead jumps in and says he's basically Paul Coffey. Come on bro.

Paul Coffey in his prime = video game numbers.

Paul Coffey as a Hawk - LOLZ

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Nov 24, 2013 -> 08:53 PM)
I'm just trying to stimulate discussion and a lot of signings and trades are already happening . As was the case at the trade deadline Hahn waits everything out for the best deal but that can backfire. I know we signed Abreu and that's great . I just hate coming here and seeing nothing new so I thought I'd get opinions on how people are reacting , if it helps us, hurts us or has no effect on us. I'm find with being patient and seeing what's in store. So far the answers are good except for SS2K5's :P

I liked Coffey, oh and I called it wrap after Calgary went up 2-0, sigh.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 28, 2013 -> 06:58 AM)
I liked Coffey, oh and I called it wrap after Calgary went up 2-0, sigh.

Ha thats weird you quoted my Pale Hose Talk discussion in the NHL thread. But yeah I fell asleep between the 2nd and 3rd period woke up and saw the final then watched the highlights . Kane is amazing.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 07:18 PM)
Hard to beleive the NHL thread is so quiet. Clearly threads thrive on bad news . Success and stability must be boring. Hawks approaching dynasty status and you can hear a pin drop in here.

Mostly just feels like a matter of waiting for the playoffs.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 01:18 PM)
Hard to beleive the NHL thread is so quiet. Clearly threads thrive on bad news . Success and stability must be boring. Hawks approaching dynasty status and you can hear a pin drop in here.

Honestly this team needs to get a lot better on the PK, but other than that, there really isn't a lot to say. This team is as hot as they come right now. The expectation isn't to win regular season games anymore. It is to be the top seed and win playoff series.