2013-2014 NHL thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 08:54 PM)
#hawks

You'll get this. I freely admit that pass would have jumped off my stick on the backhand. I may catch that Keith pass 1/10 times. It's one of those things that unless you've tried to do that, you can't appreciate how hard that is. Similar to a nice saucer pass landing where it needs to, catching one in your skate to your feet while skating etc. Those are the best things to watch, and the hardest things to do, but I think the casual fan takes it for granted. They just see a pass was completed and it was a goal. I live for those little things.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 05:48 PM)
I found this quiz amusing (and difficult). I only got 60% correct:

http://extramustard.si.com/2013/12/09/ikea...y-players-quiz/

Haha, nice quiz. I got 9/10. The only one I missed was the Svensson/Svelvik. I had the right answer, but then I went back and changed it. Damn.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 08:59 PM)
You'll get this. I freely admit that pass would have jumped off my stick on the backhand. I may catch that Keith pass 1/10 times. It's one of those things that unless you've tried to do that, you can't appreciate how hard that is. Similar to a nice saucer pass landing where it needs to, catching one in your skate to your feet while skating etc. Those are the best things to watch, and the hardest things to do, but I think the casual fan takes it for granted. They just see a pass was completed and it was a goal. I live for those little things.

While keeping his balance and spinning past the defender. It was a thing of beauty.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 08:59 PM)

Yeah. The Blackhawks have so much talent right now that we see it all the time. When I pull that s*** off, it's amazing (because it's hard). I swear the late 90's early 00's Blackhawks might have had two plays that looked that nice over the course of 5 years.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 12:14 PM)
I may try to go.

Danny Ecker ‏@DannyEcker 7m

Chicago will host the 2017 Frozen Four at the United Center, the NCAA has announced.

Well you got 3plus years to make up your mind.

I got 8/10 IKEA names right. I like my furniture like I like my women. Cheap and Swedish.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 12:14 PM)
I may try to go.

Danny Ecker ‏@DannyEcker 7m

Chicago will host the 2017 Frozen Four at the United Center, the NCAA has announced.

Awesome. I've been wondering for years if/when Chicago would get it. I'll definitely go.