2013-2014 NHL thread

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 10:50 AM)
With his two assists last night, Patrick Kane is now on pace for a 100 point season. If he does that and the Hawks keep winning, he has a legit shot at the Hart trophy.

Remember when he stopped the KANERRRRRRR drunken act and took off the past 2 years? Wow, such a coincidence.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 12:57 PM)
The Bruins did that with Seguin and he's on a point per game pace so far this year.

You get traded when you are busted out late during playoffs/finals and your team loses. You get reprimanded when your team wins :P

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 14, 2013 -> 01:17 PM)
Joel Quenneville's Mustache

Hawks have acquired Oilers goaltender Jason LaBarbera for future considerations to add to the goaltender depth. He's been sent to Rockford.

God-awful player. Pray he stays in Rockford.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 08:08 AM)
Kane now has a point in 22 of the last 23 games. 11 of those being multiple point games.

Should have unloaded that drunk years ago!!

Seriously, I can see why Preds fans dont show up to the games, their style of play is awful and boring.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 09:18 AM)
Raanta has been really impressive. At this point I don't know how they could bring back Khabibulin unless they want Raanta playing every day.

This just makes me even more angry at the f***ing Corey Crawford contract.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 09:18 AM)
Raanta has been really impressive. At this point I don't know how they could bring back Khabibulin unless they want Raanta playing every day.

I would have to guess that Khabibulin's NHL career is over. Shame he had to go out with an injury, but it is what it is. I see them keeping Raanta as the backup but giving him a fair number of stars.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 01:03 PM)
This just makes me even more angry at the f***ing Corey Crawford contract.

I'm not crazy about Crawford's contract either, but I certainly like it better than the one the Rangers gave Lundqvist a couple weeks. I think it was like 7/$58 for a soon to be 32 year old.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 01:57 PM)
Stop it. The guy has played in 10 pro games, and has the best team in the NHL in front of him every night. He's been good, and over the last 2-3 games has seemed to get more comfortable in net, but he's also been incredibly wild in net, consistently losing his stick in traffic, diving and playing rather erratic. I like him, and think he has a future with this team, but 10 games doesn't make Crawford a problem.

That's part of the point IMO. When the rest of the roster is that good, it seems crazy to spend that much cap space on a goalie. (As long as you don't throw a drunk 40-year old Russian out there)

And speaking of rookie goalies, Martin Jones has 6 career starts, 6 wins, 3 shutouts, 0.81 GAA.