2013-2014 NHL thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd man rush Kane to Versteeg makes it 3-0 Hawks in the 2nd period at Soldier Field. NBC is setting back the televising of hockey 25 years with their far away high up views . Can't see anything but players skating around .Can't see the puck at all. I don't know if its because of snow and regullar camera angles aren't working, but its pissing me off.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 1, 2014 -> 09:16 PM)
That goal by Toews was special. That is highlight reel material.

The extra move by Kane to free up the tap in by Versteeg was special too.

Yeah, those were some impressive hockey plays by those two. They help make up for the rest of the awful hockey we've seen due to the conditions.

Hopefully Hossa's injury is not serious, maybe his back just tightened up from the cold weather.

QUOTE (bulokis @ Mar 2, 2014 -> 09:14 PM)
Pirri traded to Florida

For a 3rd round pick in 2014 and a 5th in 2016. I'm happy for the kid. Had the pleasure of meeting him and Kevin Hayes last year during the Hawks cup finals. Great guy, and hope he succeeds with Florida. Good for him he'll have some familiar faces to play with. (Jayes, Olsen) He'll be severely missed with the Hogs that's for sure. A shame that Morin is stuck too. He's another guy who should be in the NHL. (especially over Bickell)

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 3, 2014 -> 12:00 AM)
For a 3rd round pick in 2014 and a 5th in 2016. I'm happy for the kid. Had the pleasure of meeting him and Kevin Hayes last year during the Hawks cup finals. Great guy, and hope he succeeds with Florida. Good for him he'll have some familiar faces to play with. (Jayes, Olsen) He'll be severely missed with the Hogs that's for sure. A shame that Morin is stuck too. He's another guy who should be in the NHL. (especially over Bickell)

Probably a sign the Hawks aren't getting any of substance at the break. If they were, Pirri probably would have been a part of teh deal.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 3, 2014 -> 09:02 AM)
Probably a sign the Hawks aren't getting any of substance at the break. If they were, Pirri probably would have been a part of teh deal.

I'm wondering if their "big" move will be bringing Teuvo Teravainen to the States, he is tearing it up in Finland.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 3, 2014 -> 09:08 AM)
I'm wondering if their "big" move will be bringing Teuvo Teravainen to the States, he is tearing it up in Finland.

I can see that. Bowman was quoted earlier in the year if he didn't have the commitment to Jokerit, Hawks might of brought him over then. He could follow the Kruger path for sure.

In other news...

Jay Zawaski‏@JayZawaski670·4 mins

The Blackhawks have announced a 3 year contract extension for Brandon Bollig.

Pierre LeBrun‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun·43 secs

Bollig's extension in Chicago worth $1.25 M AAV per year

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2014 -> 10:41 AM)
CapGeek ‏@capgeek 1h

#Blackhawks have slightly more than $800K in cap space with Khabibulin on LTIR. Only real option to gain more cap space is to move salary.

Well it's a good thing they have an elite goalie locked up to such a market level contract. :huh:

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2014 -> 10:41 AM)
CapGeek ‏@capgeek 1h

#Blackhawks have slightly more than $800K in cap space with Khabibulin on LTIR. Only real option to gain more cap space is to move salary.

Or put Hossa on LTIR