2013-2014 NHL thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 12:44 PM)
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 26m LA Kings have acquired Marian Gaborik _ still pending trade call however

He's kind of an underwhelming scoring threat for a team that struggles to score. I'm sure they didn't want to pay the price for Vanek.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 02:22 PM)
Kesler staying in Vancouver

Thomas Vanek to Montreal, hadn't heard their name.

Legwand to Detroit

Moulson likely to Minnesota

Detroit gave up a little bit for Legwand but pretty good pickup there. I really hate that the Hawks think they can stay pat this year.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 02:22 PM)
Kesler staying in Vancouver

Thomas Vanek to Montreal, hadn't heard their name.

Legwand to Detroit

Moulson likely to Minnesota

Good god what a trade for the Habs.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 02:50 PM)
Detroit gave up a little bit for Legwand but pretty good pickup there. I really hate that the Hawks think they can stay pat this year.

Zero cap space. Wasn't expecting anything. Now, they messed up for putting themselves in that position, but given the circumstances, I would have been shocked had something happened.

The pickup was Versteeg, it just didn't happen at the deadline. And Regin, I guess.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 10:58 AM)
What a steal for NYR. What a f***ing steal.

Disagree here. They are giving up a 1st and a 2nd for a season+ of a 38 year old. If the Rangers make the conference finals, that 2nd turns into a 1st (so two 1st round picks overall). And he was ONLY going to the Rangers. So that was a ridiculous amount to give up.

Plus, they may or may not sign Callahan, who is younger, though not as skilled offensively, but obviously captain material. And TB is starting to rebuild on the fly anyway.

Most think TB won this trade.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 03:15 PM)
Good god what a trade for the Habs.

If somehow the Habs collapse and miss the playoffs, then they don't even have to give up the better draft pick. Absolute epic fail by the Isles GM Garth Snow.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 07:42 PM)
Disagree here. They are giving up a 1st and a 2nd for a season+ of a 38 year old. If the Rangers make the conference finals, that 2nd turns into a 1st (so two 1st round picks overall). And he was ONLY going to the Rangers. So that was a ridiculous amount to give up.

Plus, they may or may not sign Callahan, who is younger, though not as skilled offensively, but obviously captain material. And TB is starting to rebuild on the fly anyway.

Most think TB won this trade.

Meh. 38 or not, Marty is still dynamite. Callahan is about to become overpaid. St. Louis is an actual difference maker. I'll take him out er Callahan and two unknowns any day.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 09:38 PM)
Meh. 38 or not, Marty is still dynamite. Callahan is about to become overpaid. St. Louis is an actual difference maker. I'll take him out er Callahan and two unknowns any day.

Oh short term it works for NYR, and I like St. Louis, but medium to long term it works for TB easy.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 09:46 PM)
Oh short term it works for NYR, and I like St. Louis, but medium to long term it works for TB easy.

Eh. Why? Because they get to have an overpaid Callahan and two can-miss prospects?

Not buying it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 09:58 AM)
Eh. Why? Because they get to have an overpaid Callahan and two can-miss prospects?

Not buying it.

Medium to long term St Louis will be bad or retired. It's a short term win they better hope to do damage with this year, which I don't think they will.

Edited by IlliniKrush