2013-2014 NHL thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 06:12 PM)
Christopher Kamka ‏@ckamka 29m

Even if you subtracted all of Kane, Toews & Sharp's goals, the #Blackhawks would still have 15 more goals than the Sabres

That's nuts.

Speaking of Kane's goals, that was a pretty slick one there in the first period.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 07:31 PM)
Speaking of Kane's goals, that was a pretty slick one there in the first period.

That was his first even strength goal this season with Handzus as his center. Mind boggling to think about. Seems like Leddy has outplayed Oduya for quite a while as well. Hjalmarsson has been doing work on that pair.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 09:27 PM)
Dallas Stars' Rich Peverly, who has had issues with an irregular heartbeat, collapsed on the bench tonight and was rushed to the hospital. They say he is conscious and will be OK, but scary stuff. The game was postponed.

http://deadspin.com/cbj-stars-game-current...rley-1540912374

Scary. Glad that the news is that he's doing ok.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 07:47 PM)
Peverly had a cardiac event and they successfully defibrillated him. When he regained consciousness, he asked to get back in the game.

Then he's a f***ing idiot. #careerover

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 08:27 PM)
Dallas Stars' Rich Peverly, who has had issues with an irregular heartbeat, collapsed on the bench tonight and was rushed to the hospital. They say he is conscious and will be OK, but scary stuff. The game was postponed.

http://deadspin.com/cbj-stars-game-current...rley-1540912374

His teammate, Alex Chiasson, also went to the hospital for panic attacks. Just a scary situation all around.

While I agree it's harsh, I think it negatively adds into the Hockey lore that these players should be playing with dangerous injuries because #hockeytough. I'm amazed at these players dedication and what they'll play through, but I don't think it will be cool to see them die on the ice because a broken rib punctures their lungs or artery or something.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/03/11/que...er-this-season/

In an interview with the McNeil and Spiegel Show on Tuesday morning, Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville indicated that Chicago will add 19-year-old Finnish forward Teuvo Teravainen later this season.

Teravainen is currently playing for Jokerit in Finland’s SM-liiga. He’ll likely be done with that league sometime in April. Teravainen participated with the Blackhawks in training camp, impressing many teammates with his skills.

Now, it seems he’ll be destined to provide help for Chicago as it makes its playoff push and tries to repeat as Stanley Cup champions. Teravainen could fill the hole as the Blackhawks’ second-line center.

“He’s really progressed,” Quenneville told the McNeil and Spiegel Show. “Reports are excellent on his development this year.

“When their season’s over, he’s going to come down, come back here. Our people believe that he can help us, so we look forward to getting that opportunity. Hopefully, at what point will there be time in the regular season to get a look at him? Or will we have to wait to see in the playoffs?

“We look forward to having a chance and at what point, that remains to be seen.”

Blackhawks general manager Stan Bowman said last week that Teravainen might join the Blackhawks this season.

Marian Hossa could also return from an upper body injury in a week, Quenneville said.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 08:07 PM)
I'm already nervous about a first round series vs. the Avalanche. It would be nice to get on a hot streak and pass the Blues.

The Hawks have sucked nuts against the Avs for years. I agree.