2013-2014 NHL thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 19, 2014 -> 09:22 PM)
Said during the broadcast that initial timeframe for Kane's injury is at least two weeks.

I hope it's only two weeks. Anything much more than that and you start talking about the date with Colorado. f***.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 19, 2014 -> 09:54 PM)
Until I hear otherwise, I'm terrified of Kane's knee injury. f***ing f***.

From the looks of it, I think it's ligament sprain probably MCL. It's tough to guess at the duration but it's minimum 3 weeks depending on severity up to 8. Judging by the why he came off the ice, I would guess 3-4.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 09:27 AM)
From the looks of it, I think it's ligament sprain probably MCL. It's tough to guess at the duration but it's minimum 3 weeks depending on severity up to 8. Judging by the why he came off the ice, I would guess 3-4.

Shhhhhhh. Upper-body or lower-body. Nothing else.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 09:27 AM)

What I thought as well. I thought that or a meniscus.

MASH unit. We know we're playing Avs in the first round, likely on the road, just hope we can hit the reset button health-wise for game 1. That's about all that matters at this point.

Will be interesting to see how TT fits in. Maybe Sunday, won't be tonight.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 21, 2014 -> 09:32 AM)
What I thought as well. I thought that or a meniscus.

A meniscal injury is very possible.The injuries frequently happen together as there is a connection between the outer edge of the medial meniscus and the inner layer of the MCL. However, if they are predicting 3 weeks or so, it most likely is not the meniscus.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 24, 2014 -> 12:10 PM)
@JayZawaski670: Barry Rozner reporting Patrick Kane's injury as a Grade 1 MCL sprain.

The least serious I'm assuming. (correct me if I'm wrong ptatc) He should be well rested for the playoffs. :)

Also I love Jeremy Morin. Kid really deserves to be up here.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 24, 2014 -> 06:38 PM)
I wish they still wore whites at home. Those are my memories - Hawks, Chicago Stadium, home whites.

Same here. Plus, you got to enjoy the huge variance in road jerseys, instead of just the white ones.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 24, 2014 -> 07:30 PM)
Same here. Plus, you got to enjoy the huge variance in road jerseys, instead of just the white ones.

Years ago the IHL had what was a brilliant idea. They played up to the All-Star break in their light jerseys at home, then after the ASB they played at home in their darks.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 24, 2014 -> 12:34 PM)
The least serious I'm assuming. (correct me if I'm wrong ptatc) He should be well rested for the playoffs. :)

Also I love Jeremy Morin. Kid really deserves to be up here.

Yes, grade 1 is defined as pain with minimal laxity with the MCL (valgus) stress test.