2013-2014 NHL thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 31, 2014 -> 12:01 PM)
Matt Duchene is out 4 weeks with a knee injury, so he may miss the first round series against the Hawks.

That's good but unless the hawks can solve their own woes it won't affect the series much.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 12:46 PM)
Great, so I am going to miss both Kane and Toews next weekend when I go to Nashville. I guess it's a good thing I just bought a red Saad jersey, because it's mandatory to wear red at Nashville and St. Louis games.

Yea I'm missing them today which sucks cuz I haven't been to a game since January and now both are out until the playoffs. <_>

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 01:00 PM)
So let me get this straight. Toews out, Handzus out...TT can't find ice time as one of FOUR centers?

Good God sometimes Q is so f***ing inept.

Steve, do you play center? You may want to head to the UC after work.

He isn't grindy enough for Q.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 01:00 PM)
So let me get this straight. Toews out, Handzus out...TT can't find ice time as one of FOUR centers?

Good God sometimes Q is so f***ing inept.

Steve, do you play center? You may want to head to the UC after work.

I did play center, but I sold my pads a few months ago to stop myself from paying $$ on ice time and coming into work super tired on Thursday mornings.

I'm sure Mr. Parchman can get me suited up quickly in Tony Amonte's old gear, though.

Also, as predicted, TT is not ready for this size of ice. Not one bit.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 01:02 PM)
He isn't grindy enough for Q.

He isn't talented enough for Q, especially with the amazing centers we'll have tonight.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 01:03 PM)
I did play center, but I sold my pads a few months ago to stop myself from paying $$ on ice time and coming into work super tired on Thursday mornings.

I'm sure Mr. Parchman can get me suited up quickly in Tony Amonte's old gear, though.

Also, as predicted, TT is not ready for this size of ice. Not one bit.

s*** really, you sold your s***? You're done for good? Whoa.

I'm far from the OMG TT IS THE GREATEST IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD but with 2 centers out, one due to sucking...and the complete lack of depth we have there right now...how can you not play him?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 01:05 PM)
He isn't talented enough for Q, especially with the amazing centers we'll have tonight.

s*** really, you sold your s***? You're done for good? Whoa.

I'm far from the OMG TT IS THE GREATEST IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD but with 2 centers out, one due to sucking...and the complete lack of depth we have there right now...how can you not play him?

I agree with that.

I adore the meathead Hawks "fans" who thought TT would be a monster immediately.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 09:27 PM)
This team flat out sucks right now.

It's inevitable,last years guys are feeling the hangover and now there's alot of new faces and alot of mistakes and turnovers on the ice. Unless Kane and Toews with some rest come back firing and inspire this team I don't see them beating a hungrier,equally fast team like the Avs.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Apr 4, 2014 -> 07:15 AM)
It's inevitable,last years guys are feeling the hangover and now there's alot of new faces and alot of mistakes and turnovers on the ice. Unless Kane and Toews with some rest come back firing and inspire this team I don't see them beating a hungrier,equally fast team like the Avs.

No no no, let's not give them the hangover excuse here. Go look at the Bruins.

A lot of this is the holes in the roster being exposed. And bad hockey.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 4, 2014 -> 09:52 AM)

Offensively I'll give that statement the benefit of the doubt but what about defensively which has been by far our achillies heel this year. Our Defense aside from the 4th shift is last years championship defense. Keith and Hjarmy look especially off.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 4, 2014 -> 09:52 AM)

And Corey Crawford f***ing sucks and will make $36 million dollars over the next 6 years.

God I f***ing hate it.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Apr 4, 2014 -> 12:04 PM)
Offensively I'll give that statement the benefit of the doubt but what about defensively which has been by far our achillies heel this year. Our Defense aside from the 4th shift is last years championship defense. Keith and Hjarmy look especially off.

See: bad hockey.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 4, 2014 -> 03:10 PM)
And Corey Crawford f***ing sucks and will make $36 million dollars over the next 6 years.

God I f***ing hate it.

Dude I meant to ask you, did you want that Crawford jersey in red or white? Sorry for the delay.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 4, 2014 -> 04:06 PM)

Dude I meant to ask you, did you want that Crawford jersey in red or white? Sorry for the delay.

I'll burn the red one in front of some obese white woman yelling "CROW!!!!!!!!!!"

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 4, 2014 -> 04:06 PM)

So our champ defense suddenly goes to sh**?

and what the heck,you sell Jerseys?!?!