2013-2014 NHL thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 01:37 AM)
Morin was great, Benny Smith has been turning a corner this spring, but unfortunately Teuvo rots on the healthy scratch list.... is there no league this kid can be playing in right now?

Yeah I don't get it either. He's a point machine. Q must be worried about his defense.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 01:40 AM)
Yeah I don't get it either. He's a point machine. Q must be worried about his defense.

Pirri and Hayes seem to be doing fine in Florida, Q was worried about their D too.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 12:27 PM)
Chicago Blackhawks ‏@NHLBlackhawks 6m

Coach Q: Oduya is expected to return to the lineup vs. MTL. Kane has been skating and could practice with the team as early as tomorrow.

I think it's a real possibility the Hawks are close to 100% by next week, Q did a good job resting his 2 star players and I like the benching of Saad since Morin has been stepping it up,providing a much needed spark.

Edited by TheTruth05

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 12:38 PM)
I think it's a real possibility the Hawks are close to 100% by next week, Q did a good job resting his 2 star players and I like the benching of Saad since Morin has been stepping it up,providing a much needed spark.

Resting? What?

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 03:27 PM)
Day to day in hockey speak could be a season.

yea....no. Day to Day means Day to Day in any sport, the only reason it ran through the end of the season was because there were only a few games left and the way the standings look the Hawks won't get much better positioning than where they are currently at.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 03:39 PM)
LOL. This is like saying the Penguins rested Crosby with his concussions.

Stupid Comparison. A bum left arm won't take a season or even half a season like concussions did to both Crosby and Toews

Edited by TheTruth05

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 03:44 PM)
Stupid Comparison. A bum left arm won't take a season or even half a season like concussions did to both Crosby and Toews

What's really stupid is saying that an injury is being used to rest someone.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 03:59 PM)
What's really stupid is saying that an injury is being used to rest someone.

Never said that, I said Q is giving Toews and Kane sufficient rest obviously to rehab their injuries, I never said they're being rested for the hell of it

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 03:33 PM)
yea....no. Day to Day means Day to Day in any sport, the only reason it ran through the end of the season was because there were only a few games left and the way the standings look the Hawks won't get much better positioning than where they are currently at.

You don't sit players for weeks on end before the playoffs for "rest." Maybe a game or two at the end, but that's about it. This isn't coach Q being smart. If they were healthy or close to healthy, they'd be playing. They are still playing for home ice advantage, it's not like these games are meaningless on top of it.

The guys were both fairly significantly injured, the end.

Suddenly the Avalanche are only two back of the Blues with three to play and Colorado holds the tiebreaker. Don't book those flights for Denver just yet. Hawks are four back of Colorado without the tiebreaker, so most likely still the 3 seed.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 10:59 PM)
You don't sit players for weeks on end before the playoffs for "rest." Maybe a game or two at the end, but that's about it. This isn't coach Q being smart. If they were healthy or close to healthy, they'd be playing. They are still playing for home ice advantage, it's not like these games are meaningless on top of it.

If Toews was absolutely necessary he'd be on the ice.but he's not, because the Hawks would rather have both those guys rehab their injuries as much as they can. They are not meaningless games, but not crucial either.So we don't have to agree and to each their own man.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 05:26 AM)
Suddenly the Avalanche are only two back of the Blues with three to play and Colorado holds the tiebreaker. Don't book those flights for Denver just yet. Hawks are four back of Colorado without the tiebreaker, so most likely still the 3 seed.

It would be nice to see the Hawks win out the rest of the way, maybe only Nashville being pesty but it'd be nice to see where positions end up by next week.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 10:59 PM)

I saw Kane at Palace Grill. He didn't appear to be limping or anything.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 07:59 AM)
I saw Kane at Palace Grill. He didn't appear to be limping or anything.

If I'm not mistaken I believe he's about to start practicing with the team in the next couple of days if not today.