2013-2014 NHL thread

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 06:29 AM)
It would be nice to see the Hawks win out the rest of the way, maybe only Nashville being pesty but it'd be nice to see where positions end up by next week.

If the Hawks win out, Colorado only needs 2 points in 3 games to finish in front of them. @SJ and @ANA are tougher games, but they also visit the Canucks.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 06:24 AM)
If Toews was absolutely necessary he'd be on the ice.but he's not, because the Hawks would rather have both those guys rehab their injuries as much as they can. They are not meaningless games, but not crucial either.So we don't have to agree and to each their own man.

You're right, we don't have to agree on guys being injured = "resting", in your opinion.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 07:59 AM)
I saw Kane at Palace Grill. He didn't appear to be limping or anything.

He's just starting to skate, so we know he's not 100% but it's a good sign. But he hasn't been "resting" for 9 games.

BTW, I think it's far from a guarantee that Toews is ready for game 1. And if he is, he's not 100%.

And you clearly don't know what day-to-day means in hockey. That could mean 6 weeks. You can't arbitrarily say "out for regular season" and then oh no worries, totally back in time for playoffs at 100%. Yeah, right.

He's not resting.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 09:24 AM)
You're right, we don't have to agree on guys being injured = "resting", in your opinion.

He's just starting to skate, so we know he's not 100% but it's a good sign. But he hasn't been "resting" for 9 games.

See post #1167

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 10:59 AM)
BTW, I think it's far from a guarantee that Toews is ready for game 1. And if he is, he's not 100%.

And you clearly don't know what day-to-day means in hockey. That could mean 6 weeks. You can't arbitrarily say "out for regular season" and then oh no worries, totally back in time for playoffs at 100%. Yeah, right.

He's not resting.

Patrick Kane is skating and practicing and Q has said Toews would be playing if it was up to him

Like I already said, If Toews NEEDED to play he would be playing,but he does NOT NEED to play until the playoffs

Patrick Kane was not declared day to day,he was pronounced out for the rest of the regular season,his injury being more serious than Toews

Once again,refer to post #1167 Mr.almighty hockey expert

Edited by TheTruth05

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 11:13 AM)
See post #1168

Patrick Kane is skating and practicing and Q has said Toews would be playing if it was up to him

Like I already said, If Toews NEEDED to play he would be playing,but he does NOT NEED to play until the playoffs

Patrick Kane was not declared day to day,he was pronounced out for the rest of the regular season,his injury being more serious than Toews

Once again,refer to post #1168 Mr.almighty hockey expert

Says who? Mr. Hawks fan since 2010?

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 11:13 AM)
See post #1167

Once again,refer to post #1167 Mr.almighty hockey expert

Toews would play with one leg, so that doesn't really tell me if he's anywhere near healthy or not. This is from a guy who played right through a concussion, then returned to the playoffs earlier than he should have, and admitted it later.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 11:19 AM)
Toews would play with one leg, so that doesn't really tell me if he's anywhere near healthy or not. This is from a guy who played right through a concussion, then returned to the playoffs earlier than he should have, and admitted it later.

Dude,you act like i'm questioning his toughtness, the guy is a fierce leader. But why wouldn't you give the guy as much time as you can to heal? him missing the last 6 games of the Regular season would literally not make or break the season.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 11:21 AM)
Dude,you act like i'm questioning his toughtness, the guy is a fierce leader. But why wouldn't you give the guy as much time as you can to heal? him missing the last 6 games of the Regular season would literally not make or break the season.

No, we all know he's tough, that was my point. Guy would play through anything, but it doesn't mean he's guaranteed to be 100% or near healthy/effective. I agree with giving them time to heal - since they are injured - but you are making it sound like they are at 99% and we may as well just give them a ton of time off just for the hell of it. Guys want and need to play, especially when it's meaningful. Taking 2-3 weeks off and then jumping into game 1 isn't that easy. It's not a video game.

I just don't see where it's guaranteed he plays game 1, or really, that he's back to 100% for game one. I did LOL when they said basically announced "both out for regular season but back for playoffs," as if we'll really believe the injuries aren't serious, and are magically only thinks that knock them out of the rest of the regular season. They were never going to be straightforward with the injuries when they don't have to do so. Even if Toews was out 6 weeks, they would have had the same message.

Toews right now can't play, Kane hasn't been able to play. If they were near-ready, they would have been playing. 1st and 2nd were still within reach as of 2 weeks ago, and the Blues have completely s*** the bed. Even if you gave up on 1st, they were virtually tied with the Avs for 2nd/3rd.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 11:26 AM)
No, we all know he's tough, that was my point. Guy would play through anything, but it doesn't mean he's guaranteed to be 100% or near healthy/effective. I agree with giving them time to heal - since they are injured - but you are making it sound like they are at 99% and we may as well just give them a ton of time off just for the hell of it. Guys want and need to play, especially when it's meaningful. Taking 2-3 weeks off and then jumping into game 1 isn't that easy. It's not a video game.

I just don't see where it's guaranteed he plays game 1, or really, that he's back to 100% for game one. I did LOL when they said basically announced "both our for regular season but back for playoffs," as if we'll really believe the injuries aren't serious. They were never going to be straightforward with the injuries when they don't have to do so. Even if Toews was out 6 weeks, they would have had the same message.

Toews right now can't play, Kane hasn't been able to play. If they were near-ready, they would have been playing. 1st and 2nd were still within reach as of 2 weeks ago, and the Blues have completely s*** the bed. Even if you gave up on 1st, they were virtually tied with the Avs for 2nd/3rd.

I guess the wording on my original comment was confusing, but I agree that neither of them is 100% and won't be until they give those injuries their proper time to heal (offseason), I meant 100% of the regular starting lines back on the ice.

Either way, I'm not saying their injuries are minimal or quick fixes, but I do believe both of these guys will be on the ice come game 1,theres no way Toews will say no to playing, how effective they'll be is tough to gauge but we'll find out.

Edited by TheTruth05

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 11:33 AM)
I guess the wording on my original comment was confusing, but I agree that neither of them is 100% and won't be until they give those injuries their proper time to heal (offseason), I meant 100% of the regular starting lines back on the ice.

Either way, I'm not saying their injuries are minimal or quick fixes, but I do believe both of these guys will be on the ice come game 1,theres no way Toews will say no to playing, how effective they'll be is tough to gauge but we'll find out.

It's the job of people paid a lot of money to tell Toews "no" if he's not ready. No one really knows, but we can definitely say that the team isn't simply "resting" Kane and Toews and using their injuries as an excuse.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 11:33 AM)

I don't doubt Toews will most likely play in game 1. I think he'd probably play in game 1 if it was today, unless something's actually broken or whatever. The term resting implied that they were close to ready, but Q is just giving them these games off just to be safe, just to give them some extra time. I don't think that's the case. I think Toews' injury was probably pretty significant, yet he'll suddenly be "ready" on the date of game 1. But who knows? Maybe he won't. All the other stuff was media pandering as to not cause panic, and not telling anyone else how significant the injury is. None of it is a pat on the back for Q resting them or playing it smart, they are/were both broken so he couldn't use them anyway.

Either way I don't have a great feeling about round 1, be it the Avs or the Blues. Really hope I'm wrong, I just get that 2011 & 2012 vibe going right now based on injuries/depth and how they've been playing the past month.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 11:26 AM)
I just don't see where it's guaranteed he plays game 1, or really, that he's back to 100% for game one.

I think Chirs Kuc heard you asking, lol:

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 10m

Jonathan Toews could begin skating tomorrow. #Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said Toews & Patrick Kane will be 100 percent for playoffs.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 11:44 AM)
I don't doubt Toews will most likely play in game 1. I think he'd probably play in game 1 if it was today, unless something's actually broken or whatever. The term resting implied that they were close to ready, but Q is just giving them these games off just to be safe, just to give them some extra time. I don't think that's the case. I think Toews' injury was probably pretty significant, yet he'll suddenly be "ready" on the date of game 1. But who knows? Maybe he won't. All the other stuff was media pandering as to not cause panic, and not telling anyone else how significant the injury is. None of it is a pat on the back for Q resting them or playing it smart, they are/were both broken so he couldn't use them anyway.

Either way I don't have a great feeling about round 1, be it the Avs or the Blues. Really hope I'm wrong, I just get that 2011 & 2012 vibe going right now based on injuries/depth and how they've been playing the past month.

I hope you're wrong too lol. But in all honesty this team will have a tough time against a Blues team in a 7 game series but you said it yourself it seems like their ship is sinking a bit so I wouldn't be surprised that they could pull it off even with a rusty/injured Toews and Kane,Blues have really cooled off but as much as I hate to say this that Avs team looks hungrier than any other team right now, and just as fast skating as the Hawks so it'd be nice to avoid them as long as possible.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 11:45 AM)
I think Chirs Kuc heard you asking, lol:

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 10m

Jonathan Toews could begin skating tomorrow. #Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said Toews & Patrick Kane will be 100 percent for playoffs.

First of all, skating has nothing to do his shoulder/collarbone/whatever.

Second of all, LMAO, sure thing, Dr. Q. Again, all media pandering at this point. 100 percent for playoffs = unknown % for playoffs but high enough to play.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 11:21 AM)

I agree with your sentiments about them being extra cautious with Kane and Toews. If these last few games were the difference between the Hawks making the playoffs or not, they would both be playing. That being said, I agree with them getting the rest needed, there is no big need to rush them back and risk anything.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Apr 10, 2014 -> 09:25 PM)
Anyone watching the Frozen Four? Minnesota-North Dakota with a real good one going on.

Because Indiana doesn't have a D1 hockey team, it's the only sport I root for the Gophers in.

I am, good game here. Saw the first one as well, Union/BC. Got kind of crazy at the end, Union pulled it out.