Top Posters In This Topic

Thursday, April 17 7 p.m. Chicago at St. Louis NBCSN, CBC

Saturday, April 19 2 p.m. Chicago at St. Louis NBC, CBC

Monday, April 21 7:30 p.m. St. Louis at Chicago CNBC, CBC

Wednesday, April 23 8:30 p.m. St. Louis at Chicago NBCSN, CBC

*Friday, April 25 7 p.m. Chicago at St. Louis NBCSN, CBC

*Sunday, April 27 2 p.m. St. Louis at Chicago NBC, CBC

*Tuesday, April 29 TBD Chicago at St. Louis CBC

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 08:26 PM)
Thursday, April 17 7 p.m. Chicago at St. Louis NBCSN, CBC

Saturday, April 19 2 p.m. Chicago at St. Louis NBC, CBC

Monday, April 21 7:30 p.m. St. Louis at Chicago CNBC, CBC

Wednesday, April 23 8:30 p.m. St. Louis at Chicago NBCSN, CBC

*Friday, April 25 7 p.m. Chicago at St. Louis NBCSN, CBC

*Sunday, April 27 2 p.m. St. Louis at Chicago NBC, CBC

*Tuesday, April 29 TBD Chicago at St. Louis CBC

Enough of these 8:30 local time puck drops. Especially for a network nobody has ever heard of.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 09:14 PM)
Enough of these 8:30 local time puck drops. Especially for a network nobody has ever heard of.

:lol:

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 09:20 PM)
Will Kane and Toews be back for game 1?

Probably, just not at 100%.

Also Nashville is a really fun town. I'd want to live there if I didn't hate country music.

Also, a bartender there told me that when Hawks fans come to down, the city runs out of beer and booze. Like literally they have to stop serving or close down early because they are completely dry. He said Chicago fans drink everyone under the table, but at least we all tip really well, so he says he loves when the Hawks visit.

As far as the game goes, it was about 50/50 Hawks and Preds fans. Of course outside the stadium, both before the game and after, it was about 80% Hawks fans. The stadium was pretty nice, the only thing that was annoying was the chant the crowd (and the stadium) put on after each goes that goes "Hey!!!! YOU SUCK!!" and they point at us Hawks fans. And then they spell out something and while I couldn't quite pick it all up, it sounded like they were saying "Y-O-U S-U-C-K, YOU, YOU, YOU, YOU". I guess it's similar to the Detroit Sucks thing, but it seems more personal when they say "YOU SUCK" and point at you. Oh well, don't let them score and you don't have to worry about it I guess.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 02:39 PM)
Also Nashville is a really fun town. I'd want to live there if I didn't hate country music.

Nashville is awesome - and when you're there, it's best to just enjoy the country music. We went down there for CMA Fest 2012 and just had a blast.

TBH, I'm not super optimistic about our chances. Having seen a time pretty damn similar to this win a SC gives me plenty of hope, but I would not be at all shocked to see us just lay an egg.

As far as Nashville goes, it's a pretty nice place. As a person who has lived in TN for a while, I've learned to hate it based on the fact that every person who lives in/is from Nashville thinks they are from the best place in the world and certainly better than anyone else's place.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 04:13 PM)
I was obsessed with him and Pavel Bure as a teen.

True story, I have an authentic black Bure jersey (it was a touch large as a kid so I can still wear it). Back when you had to order that kind of stuff through Jerry's Pro Shop.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 05:59 PM)
True story, I have an authentic black Bure jersey (it was a touch large as a kid so I can still wear it). Back when you had to order that kind of stuff through Jerry's Pro Shop.

I remember those days.

Just re-visited all the controversy surrounding his draft status, hadn't thought about that in a long time. It was crazy. His Wikipedia page was a good read.

Also I like how randomly you got one with his 96 instead of his 10, had that for 2 seasons. Then went back.

From St. Louis game time quoting someone else:

The relative affordability of playoff tickets in St. Louis is even clearer in comparison to the price of tickets for the Blues-Blackhawks games in Chicago, which are the second-most expensive first-round games in the NHL at an average price of $194.42 per ticket. That's more than 2.5x the average cost of a ticket to the games at the Scottrade Center. The $117.54 difference in average ticket price between the games in St. Louis and Chicago is the largest such gap among this year's eight first-round series.

The proximity of the two cities also means it will be easier for Chicago fans to make their way to St. Louis for games at the Scottrade Center, and given the huge savings on ticket prices, it may actually be cheaper for the Blackhawks faithful to travel for road games in this series than attend home games at the United Center. We've already seen an unusually high amount of interest from Blackhawks fans for tickets to the games in St. Louis, as 35% of Game 1 ticket shoppers have come from the Chicago metro area. Tickets for Game 1 in St. Louis Thursday night start at $58 on the secondary market, whereas it will cost at least $122 for a seat at Game 3 in Chicago next Monday.

35 f***ing Percent? Way to go Blues fans . . .

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 07:50 AM)
I mean, what a stud. Back to back 60 goal seasons in the early 90s, and then 58 and 59 goal seasons in 99-00 and 00-01 (ie, when the NHL went out of their way to lower scoring).

I wish his knees hadn't died.

Me too. Dude was my first favorite, non-Blackhawks player. He was just magic on the ice.