2013-2014 NHL thread

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 09:36 AM)
Just re-visited all the controversy surrounding his draft status, hadn't thought about that in a long time. It was crazy. His Wikipedia page was a good read.

Also I like how randomly you got one with his 96 instead of his 10, had that for 2 seasons. Then went back.

Valid point on the 96 - believe it or not, it's tough to find a nice shot of Pavel.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 09:36 AM)
Just re-visited all the controversy surrounding his draft status, hadn't thought about that in a long time. It was crazy. His Wikipedia page was a good read.

Also I like how randomly you got one with his 96 instead of his 10, had that for 2 seasons. Then went back.

It's funny, could you imagine anything like this ever happening in this day and age?

The pick was controversial, as the Canucks had chosen him seemingly a year ahead of his eligible draft season. At the age of 18, he was available to be chosen in the first three rounds of the draft, but in order to be selected any later than that, he would have needed to play in at least two seasons—with a minimum of 11 games per season—for his elite-level Soviet club, the Central Red Army.[24] While most teams believed he was ineligible, the Canucks' head scout at the time, Mike Penny, discovered that Bure had played in additional exhibition and international games to make him an eligible late-round draft choice a year early. Jack Button, the Washington Capitals' director of player personnel, admitted "everybody would have taken him earlier. We assumed he was not eligible... you've got to give the Canucks credit for doing their homework."

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 10:00 AM)
And most importantly, his sister-in-law is D.J. Tanner.

Speaking of, she dressed as Ariel on last night's Dancing with the Stars.

But who cares, DJ Tanner was always ugly anyway.

EDIT: And yes, I watched some of that with my wife. F*CKING SUE ME. They've shown Valerie Bure multiple times, and my wife is so tired of hearing about him and his brother from me.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 10:07 AM)
Speaking of, she dressed as Ariel on last night's Dancing with the Stars.

But who cares, DJ Tanner was always ugly anyway.

EDIT: And yes, I watched some of that with my wife. F*CKING SUE ME. They've shown Valerie Bure multiple times, and my wife is so tired of hearing about him and his brother from me.

-2 main points :lol:

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 12:25 PM)
Tracey Myers ‏@TramyersCSN 57m

Lines: 23-19-20, 10-26-81, 29-65-88, 52-16-28. All righty then. Hey, it's been a while since we've had some line fun. #Blackhawks

Brutal. Get Versteeg off the "first" line and put Kane there, or really anyone else, Versteeg has been awful. And if you are going to play Shaw at center, flip him with Handzus. STOP PUTTING HANDZUS BETWEEN 2 OF YOUR TOP 3 WINGERS.

3 f***ed up lines there.

It's hockey so who the f*** knows what will happen, but I'll give the prediction game a shot.

PIT over CBJ in 5

MTL over TB in 6 (Bishop injury is huge)

BOS over DET in 6

PHI over NYR in 7

CHI over STL in 5

COL over MIN in 6

ANA over DAL in 6

SJ over LA in 7

PIT over MTL in 6

BOS over PHI in 7

COL over CHI in 7 (NOOOOO!)

SJ over ANA in 6

PIT over BOS in 6

SJ over COL in 6

PIT over SJ in 5

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 07:50 AM)
It's hockey so who the f*** knows what will happen, but I'll give the prediction game a shot.

PIT over CBJ in 5

MTL over TB in 6 (Bishop injury is huge)

BOS over DET in 6

PHI over NYR in 7

CHI over STL in 5

COL over MIN in 6

ANA over DAL in 6

SJ over LA in 7

PIT over MTL in 6

BOS over PHI in 7

COL over CHI in 7 (NOOOOO!)

SJ over ANA in 6

PIT over BOS in 6

SJ over COL in 6

PIT over SJ in 5

I don't know if you have but you should make those picks official http://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/playoff_challenge/

who knows,might win a SPYDER

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 10:55 AM)
Might be a bit late for that since the playoffs started yesterday

Damn,sorry,didn't even notice my picks were locked in since yesterday. At least I got the 1st game on the first 3 series right.