Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 04:05 PM)
Edwards would most likely by our number 1 overall prospect. His numbers are gaudy. If EJ were to be ranked higher it would be because of him being on the cusp of the MLB.

Realistically, if we trade Peavy and the centerpiece ISN'T our new number one prospect, we've probably made a bad deal.

Edited by Eminor3rd

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 04:07 PM)
Realistically, if we trade Peavy and the centerpiece ISN'T our new number one prospect, we've probably made a bad deal.

Who would be considered our #1 now?

Edited by Leonard Zelig

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 04:14 PM)
Erik Johnson is the FutureSox #1 prospect, and I think that's a pretty safe bet for any number of other publications.

He's definitely played his way into that spot. Best combination of talent and results in the system for sure.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 04:23 PM)
I like Sardinas, but I see him as a guy whose ceiling is Alexei (the powerless version).

He makes better contact and has been posting reasonable walk rates, though. He should be a substantially better OBP guy than Alexei IF he develops as he should.

QUOTE (beck72 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 04:26 PM)
Cubs have Javier Baez at AA, #2 ranked SS in the minors.

He won't be a SS when it's time to be called up. They'll move him to 3B. Last time I checked he had 31 errors at the All star break. Bryant, Olt, Baez, Alcantara, Calameria, and possibly Sadinas that's a nice collection of INF prospects.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 04:28 PM)
He makes better contact and has been posting reasonable walk rates, though. He should be a substantially better OBP guy than Alexei IF he develops as he should.

Hard to guess that he'll be as good of a defender though, so in the end I see them being fairly similar -- and this is if Sardinas can sustain himself as he moves up in level. His bat isn't exactly prolific in SAL