Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 10:03 PM)
Jake to Beantown has legs.

They have prospects, but I've never gotten the sense they'd part with the real good ones.

And I always figure that Boston's farm is always overrated some because of the media love-affair and that the sabre-boys claim them as their success story, so they over-hype.

But they do have good ones even discounting them some.

I guess that Cards deal was too good to be true.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 08:27 PM)
Is there anything that is close to being a done deal or is it still the waiting game?

He mentioned the closer it gets, the less he can say. I suppose that is your answer.

But you never really know.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 04:07 AM)
They have plenty of pitching prospects. Owens, Barnes, Webster, Ranaudo, Workman, Britton etc.

I would love Cecchini but I have a feeling that it's wishful thinking. Other than that I like Swihart and Mookie. Not huge on Brentz, Iglesias, or Marrero though.

If their third rated prospect and number 41 in MLB is wishful thinking then we need to start looking elsewhere.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 10:40 PM)
If their third rated prospect and number 41 in MLB is wishful thinking than we need to start looking elsewhere.

Law has him 20. Sickels 30. I'm a big fan of his. I'd agree though, other than Cecchini the position players in that system are lackluster considering Bogaerts and Bradley aren't going anywhere. They do have plenty of really solid pitching prospects though.

Maybe I should post this here too since the Cards guy posts in this thread.

Um. Really hope this isn't accurate. Martinez would be incredible for Alexei. Hell, Sickels has him as 9th best prospect in baseball on his newly released top 75.

The Sox are listening to proposals. They turned down a deal involving pitcher Carlos Martinez, the Cardinals third-highest rated prospect, for shortstop Alexei Ramirez, according to a scouting source.

Martinez, 21, is 4-2 with a 2.05 ERA in 11 starts at Double-A Springfield and Triple-A Memphis. Martinez, who possesses a fastball in the high-90s mph range, has struck out 44 hitters in 52 innings.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,3745533.story

Edited by DirtySox