Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 04:09 PM)
Brittany Ghiroli ‏@Britt_Ghiroli 17m

Machado is walking off the field after being hit in bp. Going to get examined by trainers.

Just so you know "being hit in bp" is an industry term for "traded for Jake Peavy" and "Going to get examined by trainers" is code for "packing up his s*** and getting on a plane." This one looks legit.

Ha. i wish

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 04:09 PM)
Brittany Ghiroli ‏@Britt_Ghiroli 17m

Machado is walking off the field after being hit in bp. Going to get examined by trainers.

Just so you know "being hit in bp" is an industry term for "traded for Jake Peavy" and "Going to get examined by trainers" is code for "packing up his s*** and getting on a plane." This one looks legit.

Which Machado are they talking about?

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 05:05 PM)
Paul Calvisi ‏@PaulCalvisi 27s

Paulie Peavy: D-backs source says it's "either/or" now in trade talks. Either Chisox eat more of $14.5M salary or take lesser prospect(s)..

https://twitter.com/PaulCalvisi

I know when it comes to football and the Cardinals, Calvisi is pretty legit and doesn't go with rumors.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 04:08 PM)
Just eat the freakin money....

Easy for me to say :) haha

Easy for us to say but if we are going to get 15M off books and pay 5 to get premium talent I think it's a no-brainer. Especially if we can get rid of Rios too. I know that rebuilding attendance might suck but not that bad.

The Peavy thing has come too far to fall apart now. Not starting him tonight and all that. It'd be embarrassing for Hahn to keep Peavy now. It'd be like he couldn't get a deal done.

The tricky part is the money. I bet Jerry has told him exactly how much of the salary of Peavy/Rios he's allowed to pay.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:43 PM)
Despite interest from the Red Sox, A's, D'Backs, and Cardinals, the sense is the White Sox are coming down on their asking price for Peavy, tweets Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com.

Of course we don't know what the asking price really was. If it was a Garz package, this isn't good. If it was 2 elite prospects, they could be coming down to something both can work with.