Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 03:24 AM)
Detroit getting beaten like a red headed stepchild in this deal

Maybe, or maybe Detroit is just very confident that Garcia will never develop any power. If so, there isn't much value in it for us. To me, this smells of a KW deal. A guy who seemed to tear us apart last year (I.e. Teahen), who we then become infatuated with. If he develops power, it's a greAt deal, if not, and his discipline doesn't improve, he will be of very little use to us. I'm afraid that Detroit knows their player a lot better than we do. Hope it isn't the case though

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:27 PM)
Alex Speier ‏@alexspeier 3s

Believe athletic 2B Cleuluis Rondon of Lowell is in the deal. As is Wendell Rijo, a 17-yr-old off to a spectacular start in the GCL

Yes Rijo!! Lottery ticket! Smart move Hahn!

Related to Jose?

Believe athletic 2B Cleuluis Rondon of Lowell is in the deal. As is Wendell Rijo, a 17-yr-old off to a spectacular start in the GCL

Correction:Wendell Rijo is NOT in the deal

GOD DAMNIT

Rijo signed last year for $600k+. I like it.

edit: nnoooooooooooooooooooooo

Edited by Cerbaho-WG

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:28 PM)
Maybe, or maybe Detroit is just very confident that Garcia will never develop any power. If so, there isn't much value in it for us. To me, this smells of a KW deal. A guy who seemed to tear us apart last year (I.e. Teahen), who we then become infatuated with. If he develops power, it's a greAt deal, if not, and his discipline doesn't improve, he will be of very little use to us. I'm afraid that Detroit knows their player a lot better than we do. Hope it isn't the case though

Teahen? That is your comp? That is just awful.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:25 PM)
All his K rates are 20-25% and all his walk rates are 3-4%. The biggest reason he's not like Hawkins is because he hasn't shown any power.

The guy is 22, has the tools to be an above average defensive RF (who knows, possibly better), and 20-20 potential. Even if he never develops great plate discipline or sees his average in that .300 range in the majors, he should still make for a solid RF for several years (a lot better than dealing with Rios out there).

Plus, if there is no cash involved, I'm actually getting excited at what might happen tomorrow at the deadline. People here were expecting the moon for Peavy, and in all actuality, this is looking like a really solid deal for the White Sox.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 04:28 AM)
Heyman says Sox get three more low level prospects from Boston.

So 4 players, including one guy who was one of Detroit's top prospects (ready to play now at the age of 22) who stands 6-foot-4 and weighs 240 and don't have to pay any more of Peavy's contract? Wow. This is a good trade, folks.

Is it confirmed Boston will pay the whole Peavy contract?