Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:27 PM)
It was his first start back and Maholm is coming back soon. Would be a overreaction to bench him at this point, considering the haul Hahn wants for Peavy.

Pretty much anything worth having is in AZ now anyway.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 02:28 PM)
John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo620 7m Again hearing its extremely unlikely the Dbacks will trade for Jake Peavy.

not sure how reliable this guy is but he does have 13.4K followers on twitter

meh...sports radio guy here who's been wrong many O times.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:27 PM)
It was his first start back and Maholm is coming back soon. Would be a overreaction to bench him at this point, considering the haul Hahn wants for Peavy.

Both are undependable. And the Braves aren't that strong at the top of their rotation either. Peavy fits their park. Oakland and St Louis both have stronger staffs.

And the price isn't that outrageous...sounds like 1 top 50 and a couple of other good prospects.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:32 PM)
Kalapse,

Are you hearing that the player the Sox may trade has a last name that may start with a consonant?

Can't say for certain, only that the players being discussed do, in fact, have names that may or may not contain english laguage characters. Should know more shortly once my source's parole hearing ends.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:32 PM)
Both are undependable. And the Braves aren't that strong at the top of their rotation either. Peavy fits their park. Oakland and St Louis both have stronger staffs.

And the price isn't that outrageous...sounds like 1 top 50 and a couple of other good prospects.

Frank Wren has been really tight about his top prospects. Anyone Hahn would want he will block. I think they checked in when Hudson went down and immediately checked out. Though I do agree with you that they would be a good fit on paper.

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:34 PM)
Will anyone be surprised if Peavy ends up with with a team that hasn't been mentioned? What comedy that would be.

He's going to get traded to the Cardinals who trade him to the A's who trade him back to the White Sox. Confirmed.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:33 PM)
Fake Sherman account claiming Bud Norris was traded to Baltimore. Looked exactly the same....clever bastard.

Oh gotcha. Yeah I've been fooled by similar accounts a few times myself.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:36 PM)
He's going to get traded to the Cardinals who trade him to the A's who trade him back to the White Sox. Confirmed.

I can't run with this report unless you have this confirmed from 2 sources!