Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 04:35 PM)
With Ian Kennedy going ahead with his start tonight, it lowers the chance of a Peavy trade to the D'backs in my opinion.

Meh Buster tweeted Ian could pitch and still get traded tomorrow, saying he is some one people would get for next year.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 06:30 PM)
John Perrotto

@jperrotto

Am told only way #Pirates part with Taillon is in deal for Peavy, Ramirez and #WhiteSox also putting in plenty of cash.

6:29pm · 30 Jul 13 · web

That dude from earlier.

Then do it. Taillon is a top 20 prospect.

I never figured Peavy to land one of those.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 06:35 PM)
With Ian Kennedy going ahead with his start tonight, it lowers the chance of a Peavy trade to the D'backs in my opinion.

nah...nobody cares if Kennedy pitches tonight.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 06:42 PM)
Problem is plenty of cash might be like 20 million for those two.

Peavy, Ramirez, AND 20 million? Lol, no. I'm psyched that he may even be an option, but lets be serious, his numbers are not nearly good enough to warrant that type of expenditure from the Sox.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 06:35 PM)

I don't know. It's not like the Angels (or whomever) need his starts particularly, versus, say, our trade partner needing all the Peavy starts they can get.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 05:48 PM)
Peavy, Ramirez, AND 20 million? Lol, no. I'm psyched that he may even be an option, but lets be serious, his numbers are not nearly good enough to warrant that type of expenditure from the Sox.

The winning number is something like $5-7.5 million. Probably closer to $5, if Hahn's really successful.

The Pirates ALSO have that $25 million coming in the offseason. They're desperate to make the playoffs, and they'll have a pretty big influx of money from new season ticket buyers and the playoffs if they do manage to make it.

Their "opportunity cost" to pass on a move that improves their chances of making it dramatically just might be too much to pass up on a move involving the logic of Rios/Peavy/Ramirez (pick 2/3).

Heck, they started Presley and Tabata (0 for 12 streak) at the corners yesterday. Marte is in a bad slump, as well.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 07:08 PM)
I'd prefer to deal with St Louis.

Sox were too tight with Az and too many deals turned out unfavorable for us.

depends on the return. Personally I'd rather have a SS like Owings and a 3B Davidson then say Wong and Adams or Martinez. I'm fine either way...but prefer AZ.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:54 PM)
Anybody want to volunteer to text me if any thing really goes down tonight?

Sure - PM me your number. I'm 6 hours behind Chicago time... So midnight your time is dinner for me :)

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 04:26 PM)
How did you end up living in Hawaii, btw?

Went on an anniversy trip last year, wife and I decided to stay.

We both work online so anywhere with a net connection is habitable for us.

w00t w00t

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 07:30 PM)
JIM BOWDEN ‏@JimBowdenESPNxm 1m

Jake Peavy race: who would might be center pieces? Oak -Michael Choice; St.L -Carlos Martinez; AZ - David Holmberg...NOT Gray,Wacha,ABradley

Expand

I'll take Martinez out of all those of that's truly the centerpieces. Along with Wong or Adams