Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 07:56 PM)
There should be plenty of questions about whether Middlebrooks can stick in the bigs.

There are questions about both. But if I had to choose I'd pick the dude who has defensive acumen and has actually hit in the majors. I'm not sure I want either though.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 07:56 PM)
that's not the point...it's a plus add-in. why do you think they're trying to move him...peavy's spot + money. Watching him pitch right now saying "i'd take him...."

I think what we're seeing is that Kennedy can turn into some caliber of prospect(s) for the D'Backs so they don't want to just throw him into a deal for us when they can get actual value for him from someone else. In this case, they're going to turn that value into something we want (prospects)

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 06:08 PM)
I'd prefer to deal with St Louis.

Sox were too tight with Az and too many deals turned out unfavorable for us.

So now Quentin for Chris Carter was bad because of Carter's 2013 season for HOU?

In other news, Pujols is out for the season with plantar fasciitis. Talk about albatross contracts.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 08:05 PM)
Ben Badler ‏@BenBadler 15s

In Triple-A, the Red Sox just pinch-hit for Jackie Bradley in the sixth inning. #Hugs?

Expand

Has to be Cliff Lee if anything right?

Bradley and Cechini would be awesome as a starter for PV and Lindstrom.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 07:58 PM)
I think what we're seeing is that Kennedy can turn into some caliber of prospect(s) for the D'Backs so they don't want to just throw him into a deal for us when they can get actual value for him from someone else. In this case, they're going to turn that value into something we want (prospects)

yeah...I can see that. I'd still take him tho...

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 07:05 PM)
Ben Badler ‏@BenBadler 15s

In Triple-A, the Red Sox just pinch-hit for Jackie Bradley in the sixth inning. #Hugs?

Expand

Has to be Cliff Lee if anything right?

How the hell can they talk about Cliff Lee with THAT CONTRACT bringing back guys like Bradley and Bogaerts and yet we're trading Peavy and sending millions the other way????

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 07:08 PM)
Or would Bradley added on to a Middlebrooks make Middlebrooks more attractive to those who don't want him?

You don't trade Middlebrooks at his lowest value unless you find a team who desperately believes he's their long-term answer at 3B.