Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thrilled with Garcia. Guy has a great hit tool and that is something the Sox are severely lacking. Plus he's got solid speed and solid defensive skills. I think the power will come and he's been raking in AAA. Really really pleased with him being the top guy (I liked him more then a lot of the other offensive names thrown around as the top guy in a package).

Interested in seeing who the other 3 guys coming are. My assumption is we will get a few pretty high-upside raw guys and I'm very exstatic about that. Boston has a great farm system and some really nice young players who the Sox could grab (and hopefully develop). If we are getting s*** back, then my opinion might change, however, I really like Garcia.

I almost crapped myself when I first read Garcia and MIddlebrooks...that would have been incredible.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:40 PM)
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Ben Badler ‏@BenBadler 1m

Cleuluis Rondon: Really smooth defensive shortstop. As for his bat, well . . . he's a really good defensive shortstop.

Expand

So, he's Jose Iglesias...?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 04:40 AM)
I get the high ceiling s*** and all, but sooner or later we have to go back to getting the guys that are good at baseball.

Hitting .380 in AAA means he's good at baseball, in my opinion, and not just an athlete

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 04:41 AM)
Thrilled with Garcia. Guy has a great hit tool and that is something the Sox are severely lacking. Plus he's got solid speed and solid defensive skills. I think the power will come and he's been raking in AAA. Really really pleased with him being the top guy (I liked him more then a lot of the other offensive names thrown around as the top guy in a package).

Interested in seeing who the other 3 guys coming are. My assumption is we will get a few pretty high-upside raw guys and I'm very exstatic about that. Boston has a great farm system and some really nice young players who the Sox could grab (and hopefully develop). If we are getting s*** back, then my opinion might change, however, I really like Garcia.

I almost crapped myself when I first read Garcia and MIddlebrooks...that would have been incredible.

Just the fact he's raking in AAA makes me happy. He's actually a prospect with a chance. Kind of like Dayan when he was a prospect - a guy we all felt deep down had a chance to be special. It's not too late for Dayan obviously. But this is not like bringing up some clown; Garcia at least has credentials and at 22 is ready for the bigs which is very nice.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:42 PM)
Hitting .380 in AAA means he's good at baseball, in my opinion, and not just an athlete

Listen, guys. Fathom likes Avisail. I think that tells you all you need to know

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:41 PM)
Cleuluis Rondon is the worst player ever.

Not sure if it has been posted but his awful batting average is in part due to him trying to become a switch hitter supposedly. After never trying before. So lets take thatfor whats it worth. I believe where I read that, they said that there is "lots of life" in his bat.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:40 PM)
I get the high ceiling s*** and all, but sooner or later we have to go back to getting the guys that are good at baseball.

Garcia has always given me a Maggs vibe. Not that he gets that far, but more of a professional hitter than power hiter

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 08:40 PM)
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Ben Badler ‏@BenBadler 1m

Cleuluis Rondon: Really smooth defensive shortstop. As for his bat, well . . . he's a really good defensive shortstop.

Expand

I like it. Nice tools and he has some offensive upside...none of it has really shown up as of yet though.