Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 08:13 AM)
Put me in the group that does not like to speculate much unless something happens then we can talk about it, but...

I made a quick search on twitter for the word Peavy last night and what I found was bunch of upset A's fans saying that if Hahn wants prospects Gray and Russell A's better be getting Sale in return and not Peavy.

Can anyone chime in on Gray and Russell for those who don't follow prospects?

That would be a nice start for a guy like Sale, but definitely not enough. It would definitely be an overpay for Peavy though. I think he can realistically net one of them and some other prospects if the Sox send cash along as well.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick - wait til I'm off work today to make a deal.

For some reason, I don't believe money is that big of a hold up, and if it is, I think it'd be the area we're more likely to be flexible than the talent we want back.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 08:30 AM)
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/21591548-57...ible-trade.html

Key quote

"Peavy is unlikely to make his scheduled start Tuesday. Sources said the Sox’ asking price is high, but Hahn is expected to get the kind of prospects he seeks because multiple teams are in the bidding."

would really seem like a deal would get done at some point today/tonight. i will apologize in advance to my colleagues that today I will be spending way to much time on soxtalk.com - Trade Winds

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 01:37 PM)
For some reason, I don't believe money is that big of a hold up, and if it is, I think it'd be the area we're more likely to be flexible than the talent we want back.

Exactly. For many of these top prospects, teams shelled out large signing bonuses. It stands to reason that teams would like to recoup some of that money. And the sox should look at including some money as an investment, similar to what teams did when they signed those players.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 08:13 AM)
Put me in the group that does not like to speculate much unless something happens then we can talk about it, but...

I made a quick search on twitter for the word Peavy last night and what I found was bunch of upset A's fans saying that if Hahn wants prospects Gray and Russell A's better be getting Sale in return and not Peavy.

Can anyone chime in on Gray and Russell for those who don't follow prospects?

Realistically that seems pretty high. One of the two as a centerpiece would make sense, along with some lower tiered players. Something like Russell, Ynoa, and Alcantara would seem reasonable given the price that the Rangers paid for Garza. The issue with that group is none of them are ready to step on the ML roster and each are 1-2 years away.

Gray is pitching in the majors now out of the bullpen. But has a solid track record as a starter in the minors.

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 09:38 AM)
would really seem like a deal would get done at some point today/tonight. i will apologize in advance to my colleagues that today I will be spending way to much time on soxtalk.com - Trade Winds

I think it happens the same way Garza's deal did...making sure Peavy doesn't make his next start will be the motivation to make the best offer. Teams will hold out overnight and put something on the table tomorrow morning good enough for Hahn to say "ok, if that's on the table let's write it up and tell Jake not to warm up".

Key quote

"Peavy is unlikely to make his scheduled start Tuesday. Sources said the Sox’ asking price is high, but Hahn is expected to get the kind of prospects he seeks because multiple teams are in the bidding."

I'm liking the early trade winds, love hearing Hahn is asking for top prospects from each team, if we are able to get Xander (BOS), Bundy (BAL), Russel (OAK) that's a start of an amazing return all 3 of those guys are going to be legit stars. Personally like I said last night it will be Boston or St. Louis it just makes too much sense for these teams. I would like it to be STL Or Bos. Personally if we can get Martinez (size ?'s or not this guy has electric stuff, I see him as a Pedro Martinez type) and/or Adams or Wong + 2-3 prospects in the 15-30 range. I believe Hahn comes out on top and we will be talking about his first deadline in a few years when these guys are all hitting the field.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 09:46 AM)
I'm liking the early trade winds, love hearing Hahn is asking for top prospects from each team, if we are able to get Xander (BOS), Bundy (BAL), Russel (OAK) that's a start of an amazing return all 3 of those guys are going to be legit stars. Personally like I said last night it will be Boston or St. Louis it just makes too much sense for these teams. I would like it to be STL Or Bos. Personally if we can get Martinez (size ?'s or not this guy has electric stuff, I see him as a Pedro Martinez type) and/or Adams or Wong + 2-3 prospects in the 15-30 range. I believe Hahn comes out on top and we will be talking about his first deadline in a few years when these guys are all hitting the field.

Just remember, The bust rate on top prospects in baseball is still 25-50%.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 08:46 AM)

if Rick is able to land Xander, Bundy, Russel, or any two of (Martinez, Wong, Wacha, Adams from the Cards). i think everyone on this board would be ecstatic

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 08:54 AM)
if Rick is able to land Xander, Bundy, Russel, or any two of (Martinez, Wong, Wacha, Adams from the Cards). i think everyone on this board would be ecstatic

I still think the most likely top prospect he will acquire is Profar. Texas is desperate and a package of Rios, Dunn, and cash goes a long way to settling that teams offense. Profars star has faded as a bench/utility player.

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 06:54 AM)

Yes, but if you had to choose... Which deal do u want the most?

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 08:57 AM)
I still think the most likely top prospect he will acquire is Profar. Texas is desperate and a package of Rios, Dunn, and cash goes a long way to settling that teams offense. Profars star has faded as a bench/utility player.

Texas is not trading Profar for Rios and Dunn. They would probably rather stand pat and look forward to see the offseason before doing that trade. Infact thats probably what they'll end up doing.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (tylermichels13 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 08:57 AM)

well from that list if I had to choose just one... Xander from Boston would be my guess. As far as a package deal I think the Cardinals would be the best deal overall for us.. esp if we can get a haul from them and include Alexei

QUOTE (tylermichels13 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 08:57 AM)

Personally I prefer the Cardnials, they are ranked as the top farm system and they just pump out homegrown talent like no other team. If we can get Martinez and Adams/Wong I'm more than happy. With that said my next preference is definitely Boston Xander has a chance to be a too player in the entire MLB. Personally I'm giddy at the chance we can get some of these prospects (tops in all of baseball) to stock the farm and watch some prospects develope. Keep going Rick!

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 08:57 AM)

Is this post serious? Lol.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 08:59 AM)
Texas is not trading Profar for Rios and Dunn. They would probably rather stand pat and look forward to see the offseason before doing that trade. Infact thats probably what they'll end up doing.

I agree, although id be more than okay with being wrong and seeing us get him for those two. But I don't think there's any chance that happens.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 08:53 AM)
Just remember, The bust rate on top prospects in baseball is still 25-50%.

Wow baseball is truly an amazing sport. All these guys with endless talent and still 25%-50% still bust out. Crazy.

Edited by Frank_Thomas35

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 01:46 PM)

I dont think the sox are getting any of those guys. Those guys seemed to what the Sox would start asking for, not what they'll get.

Key quote

This makes me feel good