Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 10:20 AM)
I would say have every indication you are planning on starting him, but ask for team's final and best offers Tuesday morning. If not what you have looking for, have him pitch and be done with it. If someone blows you away Wednesday before the deadline so be it. Sox could always trade him this winter to a team that doesn't want to part with the king's ransom that Price will demand.

Actions speak louder than words. A week or so ago, Peavy not being a rental was one reason being pointed out he was more highly thought of than Garza. Now teams want the Sox to throw in money yada, yada...those are just words, negotiating tactics. Actually putting Peavy on the mound tomorrow if no team has stepped up enough is a clear indication if they want Jake, they better not screw around anymore as the games they are playing already cost them a start, and the White Sox won't settle.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 10:12 AM)
You are doubling the risk factors, not necessarily the total amount of risk. However the risk of him busting is pretty low as he already has made it to the majors. It is a legit top 10 prospect, top of the rotation type of guy that if you have a chance to get you have to take it. His floor now is back end of the bullpen and he could fall anywhere between there and the moon. It is pretty moot anyway as I dont think there is anyway that the Orioles would give him up for Peavy.

To be fair, he's only faced 6 major league hitters so far, so that tells you very little. I realize how talented he is, but with Peavy being the top player available, I don't like taking on the risk of having to recover from surgery and being the same pitcher.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 10:27 AM)
That was a fun read.

Ya gotta love the Rays offer haha. I honestly thought the A's offer was just as solid as the Pirates, I guess it depends on how much you like Choice.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 12:22 PM)
When I see the Orioles are WILLING to move Dylan Bundy & Peavy is a possible target I get all kinds of GIDDY!

If nothing else, it atleast amps up the offers from other teams

I am guessing this meant the Sox would send $4 million with Peavy? Maybe to cover the pro-rated buyout that was pushed forward from last off -season?

Steve Burns ‏@StvBurns 15h

The White Sox wanted Russell, Gray and $20m for Peavy? What alternate universe are they living in? #Athletics

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 10:50 AM)
I am guessing this meant the Sox would send $4 million with Peavy? Maybe to cover the pro-rated buyout that was pushed forward from last off -season?

Steve Burns ‏@StvBurns 15h

The White Sox wanted Russell, Gray and $20m for Peavy? What alternate universe are they living in? #Athletics

Ugh, these guys just ruin their credibility when they tweet stupid s*** like this.

In my opinion, if Dylan Bundy were on the table, Peavy would already be in Baltimore. Tommy John or not. Last year he was the best starting pitching prospect in all of baseball. He's still going to be a stud. I'd take that chance and be really excited about it.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 01:39 PM)
In my opinion, if Dylan Bundy were on the table, Peavy would already be in Baltimore. Tommy John or not. Last year he was the best starting pitching prospect in all of baseball. He's still going to be a stud. I'd take that chance and be really excited about it.

Yep. Bundy and Bradley were duking it out for the top pitching prospect in baseball. I'd take him in a heartbeat TJ be damned.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 01:30 PM)
I just hope we get more for Jake than the garbage we gave up to get him. I hate prospects.

We didn't give up a single A prospect to get Peavy, except perhaps for that A ball pitcher whose control was so bad the Padres cut him a year later (and I think we resigned him).

We have up the A prospects for Edwin Jackson, however, and then gave him away.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 01:39 PM)

And I don't know about Hahn, but if Kenny Williams had any say, if that was on the table, it would have been done ago. Kenny loves to buy cheap.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 11:45 AM)
And I don't know about Hahn, but if Kenny Williams had any say, if that was on the table, it would have been done ago. Kenny loves to buy cheap.

Trading Bundy for Peavy is more like the kind of trade Kenny would make - if he were the GM of the Orioles.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 11:41 AM)
Trading for a minor leaguer going through TJ is terrible idea.

Why? TJ has an over 80% success rate now a days...

If the former best pitching prospect in baseball hurt his arm and that allows you to nab him... You do it IMO

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 01:41 PM)
Trading for a minor leaguer going through TJ is terrible idea.

No it's really not. You could potentially get one of the best pitching prospects in all of baseball. TJ has an 80% success rate. Bundy is a potential ace.