Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 11:28 AM)
I'll be honest, I sort of selfishly wish we could keep Peavy...he's been one of the few bright spots on this lifeless team.

I like him too, but it's time to make room for some new guys. This group just isn't working.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 11:28 AM)
I'll be honest, I sort of selfishly wish we could keep Peavy...he's been one of the few bright spots on this lifeless team.

I love Peavy. But hopefully he pitches well and if the right deal is there, you trade him.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 11:33 AM)
I love Peavy. But hopefully he pitches well and if the right deal is there, you trade him.

Agree. But I feel that way about everyone that is currently on the roster. If you are willing to overpay you can have anyone.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 11:25 AM)
If nothing else, the K's should be there against the Braves.

Yes we couldn't ask for a better setup. Some young, struggling free-swingers and the easy 3 pitcher outs...NL scouts get to see how he fares against a potential playoff opponent. C'mon Jake!

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 11:51 AM)
Bruce Levine mentioned this morning that once Garza goes, Peavy becomes best SP on the market. He said scouts from 10-12 will be in attendance tomorrow night to watch Peavy pitch.

Figured that. That's what I like to see. Just time for Peavy to step up and pitch his butt off

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 11:59 AM)
Before Garza goes, Peavy is the best pitcher on the market. Levine is high on drugs.

But Garza's had a great month and Peavy's been injured during it, and apparently MLB GMs are stupid.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 11:59 AM)
Before Garza goes, Peavy is the best pitcher on the market. Levine is high on drugs.

He is injured though. I think it means there are multiple teams in the Garza hunt. Once Texas gets him, all of those teams must turn their attention to Peavy and Bud Norris. There isn't much else.

Bruce needs to use his words then. I didn't know we were talking about healthiest pitcher or currently active pitcher or most readily available pitcher. I thought we were talking about the best pitcher.

This is like saying that after Nate Schierholtz, Alex Rios is the best RF on the market.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 10:02 AM)
Bruce needs to use his words then. I didn't know we were talking about healthiest pitcher or currently active pitcher or most readily available pitcher. I thought we were talking about the best pitcher.

This is like saying that after Nate Schierholtz, Alex Rios is the best RF on the market.

If you aren't pitching you can't be the best pitcher.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 12:02 PM)

Garza is a rental. For just this year, considering the roll he has been on, I could see where he would be considered the best. If it were for anything longer than 2 or 3 months, I think Peavy gets a big edge. Although you have to think there will be some regression when a team gets him.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 12:06 PM)
If you aren't pitching you can't be the best pitcher.

Sure you can. Would you rather have Phil Humber or Jake Peavy right now? I know I'm going to take Peavy because he's a better pitcher, regardless of injury.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 01:57 PM)
No pressure or anything, but we really need him to be good for two starts.

He just has to look healthy. Normal velocity, don't get absolutely shelled. They know what healthy Jake Peavy is like. He wins you games.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 02:01 PM)
8w1f.png

Aug 31 vs. DET - 6 IP, 6 ER

Sep 5 vs MIN - 6 IP, 1 ER

Sep 11 vs DET - 5.2 IP, 3 ER

Sep 16 vs MIN - 6 IP, 2 ER

Sep 21 vs LAA - 5 IP, 5 ER

Your stats are skewed by his last two starts when there was no pressure anymore. He struggled vs. DET when it mattered, then when the Sox needed a win vs. LA, he gave up runs early.