Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:52 AM)
Im getting the feeling that the little we are hearing right now is because something is very imminent

This may be true. The bottom line is the Sox want to trade Peavy. Peavy wants to be traded. The Sox have 4 young LHP in their rotation. They also have Andre Rienzo and Erik Johnson. Trading Peavy would be beneficial. Trading Peavy just to trade him would be stupid though. However, I do think that asking a team for it's best prospects and asking them to pay the salary is a bit ridiculous. I don't think Rick Hahn is a ridiculous man though. I think he knows exactly what he will take in return and that a trade will be consummated before tonight's game. Most of the things that we have heard are probably not true. Rick does hold all of the cards though regardless of what others think or say. I'd love to see Peavy traded today but it's bad business to trade him for any less than he is worth.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:57 AM)
https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/362240171556605952

No current talks with Cardinals.

Enjoy St. Louis, Jake.

Yeah I think this in fact means Jake is heading to St. Louis. Rosenthal has always been the White Sox go to guy in the major media. We shall see. I still think it's either St. Louis or Boston.

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 11:00 AM)
hopefully we can pull Gray or Russell from the A's .. other than that not much that would interest me for Jake

The A's thing is not happening unless the Sox pitch in money. There's no way Oakland can pay that deal next year. Russell will not be included either.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 09:03 AM)
For the past week we've seen conflicting reports within minutes of each, often by the same reporter. Not sure why we'd believe anything we read now.

Yeah, at this point, that info is just low-grade heroin to the addict.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:38 AM)
Fair points, I suppose.

I suppose reasonable minds can disagree.

Of course. I'm sure some GMs will look at it your way and some mine. That's most of the fun in negotiations. :cheers :cheers

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 11:12 AM)
I dont get why people are just errantly hoping for a trade

You have to hear what the trade is and then decide if you like it or not.

That doesn't mean you wouldn't rather give Hahn the benefit of the doubt than to stand pat and let the best players on the third worst team in baseball rot instead of bring future value back.

I think some are hoping for a trade because we assume (yes, assume) the Sox will have done their homework and made a trade they're happy with.

I'm basing it on the names associated with St. Louis. Wong, Martinez, etc. I would be more than happy with them coming back for Alexi and Jake. I'd also be more than happy to keep both if the return is lame. I don't get why people errantly assume others opinions. I've been saying I want to trade with St.Louis based on their farm ranking and names rumored. Take it easy bro, it'll be okay.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 11:14 AM)
I think some are hoping for a trade because we assume (yes, assume) the Sox will have done their homework and made a trade they're happy with.

I don't think that is correct. Too many times in the past people on this board and have said we received too llittle in trades. Just because a trade can be made doesn't mean it's a god one.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 11:22 AM)
If someone takes Peavy, can we throw in Axelrod as a door prize? I never want to see him throw another pitch for the Sox again

Now there is an idea. Yes please! :D