Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 12:55 PM)
Quote:

John Perrotto

#Pirates and #WhiteSox have at least discussed the parameters of a trade in which Jake Peavy and Alexei Ramirez

would come to Pittsburgh in exchange for Jameson Taillon, Alex Dickerson and at least one other prospect. #MLB #BUCN 29 minutes ago

Link

Anyone report this yet. That would be one hell of a get!!

Bidding Wars...YEAH!!! I'm good with either of these teams return...and watch the Cards jump in last second. haaaa

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 01:58 PM)
I don't see a playoff team parting with their CFer.

I certainly do see your point, but to be fair, he's only been their starting CF for a little over a week now (even though he was projected to be the starter before the season and injuries). I guess while its unlikely he will be moved in any such trade, the DBacks do have a surplus of CF's with Parra, Eaton, and Pollack all being able to play there, so I like to think it is still possible they could move Eaton.

If teams arent willing to take on all the cash we have to send out.............but ARE willing to give out top prospects...

then of course Kubel makes sense. You have a player for next year AND you get the spects you want. Have to think realistically here.

Additionally, lets not kid ourselves. Kubel at his last two years of stats combined absolutely could find 500 PAs here.

Edited by Jose Paniagua

QUOTE (Paulstar @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:02 PM)
I certainly do see your point, but to be fair, he's only been their starting CF for a little over a week now (even though he was projected to be the starter before the season and injuries). I guess while its unlikely he will be moved in any such trade, the DBacks do have a surplus of CF's with Parra, Eaton, and Pollack all being able to play there, so I like to think it is still possible they could move Eaton.

We could always give them our CF back.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 01:11 PM)
If the A's are to make a deal for Peavy, Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle sees outfielder Michael Choice as the potential centerpiece.  Otherwise, they could add a reliever.  GM Billy Beane says this is the "lowest trade inventory I've seen in years."

Reactions?

my reaction is f*** Billy Beane...

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 02:09 PM)
QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 02:08 PM)

if we can get Taillon from the Pirates everyone should be singing the praises to Mr. Rick Hahn

Don't know much about him other than he's their number 1 prospect. Got a quick scouting report on him and maybe Davidson?

Just do a time sensitive Google search and browse around. They'll all say Taillon is super legit. I can't believe there's any chance we actually get him, though I'm sure Hahn obviously asked for him.