Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:04 PM)
I would actually take on Ian Kennedy and Kubel if it meant a nice package in return. If the Sox received some combo of Owings, Davidson, Holmberg, Delgado, Eaton, I would gladly take those contracts. May be able to dump Kubel in August and if not just play him in the OF for the rest of season. Ian Kennedy is a guy that could definitely get traded in the offseason. Arizona pays Peavy's deal. We pay Kubel and Kennedy and also get 3 nice prospects. Maybe throw in Lindstrom as well. Sounds good to me.

Keep Kubel and pickup his $7.5M option for next season to try and see if he can build some value. Its not like we have a ton of options to replace Konerko and Rios in the lineup next year anyway. After next season when he and done are gone you have $22.5M off the books and hopefully a FA pool that looks a lot better than what is coming this offseason when Chase Headley, Panda, Hanley Ramirez and Jed Lowrie are all available.

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:11 PM)
Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1 can confirm what others have reported #Diamondbacks have indeed returned to serious Peavy talks (Towers has history with RH from #Padres)

Wow Joel, great info, something the rest of twitterworld could never have come up with.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:10 PM)
That makes too much sense. Why can't the Sox in the past ever pull off deals like that? They have no risk in this scenario. Get Peavy for almost free this year, dump him in the offseason to a big-money team. Pretty brilliant.

#1) The Sox deal for guys they want to keep.

#2) The A's would not get as much for Peavy in the offseason, they'd merely look to recoup some of their losses. They tried this with Matt Holliday and it completely blew up in their faces.

#3) The White Sox essentially acquired Jake Peavy for nothing, so they DO make trades like this. I mean, seriously, the only piece the Padres still have is Clayton Richard. They saved money and took on 3 other mediocre prospects and none of them panned out.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:12 PM)
Most users ever online was 727 on Jul 17, 2007 -> 05:25 AM

We're not even close. What happened on that seemingly incredibly boring day?

Looks like the Sox played the Tribe that day and Ozzie did some great bullpen work.

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=270717105

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:12 PM)
Most users ever online was 727 on Jul 17, 2007 -> 05:25 AM

We're not even close. What happened on that seemingly incredibly boring day?

Probably Google bots flooding the website. Look at what time it was.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:15 PM)
Wite does you signature make it to August?

I still like the quote, but I'll probably have to update it.

Oh, and if you're asking for a prediction, then no, it doesn't

Edited by witesoxfan

Just talked to my source, he confirmed that the Sox are engaged in talks with multiple teams about several players, Sox would receive minor leaguers and/or young major leaguers in return, money could also be involved. Deal could be announced in the next half hour or some time tomorrow.

Heard it here first.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:17 PM)
Just talked to my source, he confirmed that the Sox are engaged in talks with multiple teams about several players, Sox would receive minor leaguers and/or young major leaguers in return, money could also be involved. Deal could be announced in the next half hour or some time tomorrow.

Heard it here first.

I'd prefer the next half hour, but that's just me.

Heard it here first.

Dont forget that the deal may be announced during tonights game.

Heard it here first.

This has me so excited. I hope it happens soon or I won't be able to sleep or work. I understand if your source can't give you the info, but did they give you any names?