Jesse Crain dealt to Tampa Bay

southsider2k5

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 11:09 AM)
The interesting thing to me is why they'd need a third team. I suppose another veteran is involved. It could be we take the vet and the third team the conditional prospects.

im still thinking the Crain piece is tied to a large piece such as Rios or Peavy with the 3rd team. only specifics that are known are Crain to the Rays though. we shall see.. at least i wont have to work for the next couple hours

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 11:11 AM)
im still thinking the Crain piece is tied to a large piece such as Rios or Peavy with the 3rd team. only specifics that are known are Crain to the Rays though. we shall see.. at least i wont have to work for the next couple hours

This seems quite far fetched

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 10:59 AM)
But no mention of mystery team...telling? What is the Rays bullpen situation??

With Rodney and Peralta as righties out of the pen Crain doesn't make much sense....Alex Torres is also putting up better numbers than Rodney did in 2012, a 0.29 era. That's 1 run 31 innings.

Maybe Crain goes to the mystery team.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 11:11 AM)
We think a like

Lol, for sure. I hope Rick does too, if there is only one guy we move I truly hope it's Rios, he's just not mentally tough enough to cut it. Guy is gifted as hell and is just too soft, saw it in Toronto and got glimpses of it here. He takes plays/days off. Unacceptable and if we are starting fresh we need guys who will buy in and not ditract from what we are doing.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 11:17 AM)
I do not know for sure, but for some reason I seem to remember only like 2 or 3 tops? I could be wrong though.

Sounds right, would be a sick job. I would kill to do that. Hell you don't even have to pay me just tip me out at the end of the year!

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 11:16 AM)
With Rodney and Peralta as righties out of the pen Crain doesn't make much sense....Alex Torres is also putting up better numbers than Rodney did in 2012, a 0.29 era. That's 1 run 31 innings.

Maybe Crain goes to the mystery team.

Good point.

So that would mean

Crain to Team X

Player Q from Team X to the Rays

Prospects from Rays to Sox

What do the Rays need?

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 11:19 AM)
Lol, for sure. I hope Rick does too, if there is only one guy we move I truly hope it's Rios, he's just not mentally tough enough to cut it. Guy is gifted as hell and is just too soft, saw it in Toronto and got glimpses of it here. He takes plays/days off. Unacceptable and if we are starting fresh we need guys who will buy in and not ditract from what we are doing.

I agree that he is pretty soft but hell of an athlete.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 11:19 AM)
Cardinals

I don't think they need bullpen help.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 11:21 AM)
Sounds right, would be a sick job. I would kill to do that. Hell you don't even have to pay me just tip me out at the end of the year!

The clubbies do all kinds of odd jobs...gas up the car, get me a sandwich from down the street, make sure the right brand of gum is in the locker, polish up the shoes, etc. It's not the easiest job in the world, but the players tip well (for the most part) from whati've read over the years.