6/30 vs Indians

flavum

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 03:43 PM)
I'd rather they pull a Strasburg and shut down Sale :)

What I feel is we'll hold onto Sale (whether that's wrong or right depends on the trade packages that were available) and in the next season or two his elbow will explode. Then we'll be left with nothing.

I'm a proponent of trading him, now. This is where I wish we were the Cubs and didn't have to worry about appeasing a fan base with a marquee player.

Dollar Hot dog night -- 3 in a row -- coming up.

They're going to have to pay people $10 to come and eat a hot dog by September to get people into the ball park.

Need to do something dramatic just to change the narrative because 90 percent of the fans have already tuned out -- and those of us who care are annoyed beyond belief.

Terrible place for any franchise to be.

Thanks again, Kenny Williams.

You left a helluva mess.

What is the Sox record since Hahn and Robin had those individual meetings and told players something would happen if they didn't pick it up and they haven't picked it up?

This past winter the Sox really wanted Jack Hannahan as a left handed hitting 3rd baseman. He signed with the Reds so the Sox got Gillespie instead. If Hahn had his first choice, this offense would even be worse. Rick is on the clock. Time for him to generally manage. These next moves will be important. The pressure of being a GM much longer probably isn't on the line, but its about time he make his mark.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 08:43 PM)

You can't just freeze him in ice and wait until we have a good team again to use him. Even horrible teams like the White Sox are required to play games.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 08:14 PM)
I wonder is there's another franchise in sports that has fans who constantly complain about the team being cheap despite being in the top 10 in payroll for the last decade or so.

I still think they won't dare fire Robin and have to pay another manager the rest of the season. Robin has to resign. I mean he's engineered one of the worst stretches in White Sox history. Last couple weeks of last season to go with this season's horrible record. This team is probably going to lose 100 games. Detroit will win 16-17 of the 19. Cleveland owns the Sox; Minnie owns the Sox. Suddenly the Sox can beat KC, though. Robin has to resign and put ALL THE HEAT back on Kenny/Hahn. for the Sox truly suck.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 07:20 PM)
You can't just freeze him in ice and wait until we have a good team again to use him. Even horrible teams like the White Sox are required to play games.

Why not? Have you never seen Demolition Man?

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 03:50 PM)
What I feel is we'll hold onto Sale (whether that's wrong or right depends on the trade packages that were available) and in the next season or two his elbow will explode. Then we'll be left with nothing.

I'm a proponent of trading him, now. This is where I wish we were the Cubs and didn't have to worry about appeasing a fan base with a marquee player.

But we finally have our Liriano and now you wanna trade him?!?!?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 03:43 PM)

I'd rather they shut Ventura down. He's taking a page out of the Dusty Baker School of destroying young pitchers.